Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Help Please! - EVIC Flashing W/High Pitched Noise - DTC P0381, P0883, P2509, U1421

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help Please! - EVIC Flashing W/High Pitched Noise - DTC P0381, P0883, P2509, U1421

Hey folks, I haven't been on here in a while (been busy!).

Looking for a bit of help, I started the truck (2010 RAM 2500) this morning via remote start (truck started OK); when I got in, I noticed the windshield wipers were running, I went to turn them off and nothing, they kept running.

I noticed my EVIC was blank.

Disconnected both batteries to reset, let sit for 5 minutes, and then reconnected.

Same symptoms: wipers running, EVIC led's flashing quickly, EVIC not blank but very dim, and the dodge RAM symbol are visible.

Neither gauge appears to be working, and the rpm gauge is at 0 with the engine running.

If I turn on one of the blinkers, the EVIC starts squealing.

I connected my MM3 display and got the following DTCs - P0381, P0883, P2509, U1421.

Any suggestions on what to check?

I'll be checking the connections at the BCM and PCM after finding them.

The truck has an MM3 tuner.

Thanks in advance for any input!!!

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Help Please! - EVIC Flashing W/High Pitched Noise - DTC P0381, P0883, P2509, U142

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post

Looking for a bit of help, I started the truck (2010 RAM 2500) this morning via remote start (truck started OK); when I got in, I noticed the windshield wipers were running, and I turned them off and nothing, they kept running.

Disconnected both batteries to reset, let sit for 5 minutes, and reconnected.

Same symptoms: wipers running, EVIC led's flashing quickly, EVIC not blank but very dim, and the dodge RAM symbol are visible.

Neither gauge appears to be working, and the rpm gauge is at 0 with the engine running.

I connected my MM3 display and got the following DTCs - P0381, P0883, P2509, U1421.

After finding them, I'll be checking the connections at the BCM and PCM.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any wiring diagrams or service information for your 2010.

I did find the P2509 and U1421 codes for my 2014 see attached.

Based on what l can tell from this information, I would start with the batteries' voltage, connections, and grounds.

Then check for correct battery voltage and grounds at the ECM.

Hopefully, this will give you an excellent place to start, and others will chime in with additional information.

Edit: You may want to clear the codes first to see if they return.

Some of your codes may be a result of disconnecting the batteries.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AK Bob; 02-28-2022 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Edit
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, PullinAir thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Help Please! - EVIC Flashing W/High Pitched Noise - DTC P0381, P0883, P2509, U142

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post

Looking for a bit of help, I started the truck (2010 RAM 2500) this morning via remote start (truck started OK); when I got in, I noticed the windshield wipers were running, I went to turn them off and nothing, they kept running.

Disconnected both batteries to reset, let sit for 5 minutes, and then reconnected.

I'll be checking the connections at the BCM and PCM after finding them.

Sounds like a voltage issue.

Was it cold when you started it?

I'm thinking grid may have cycled and dropped voltage and made it mad.

If you can load test each battery.

If you need to replace 1 replace both.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, PullinAir thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So, an update.

I finally had some time to work on it and started with all the grounds.

I started by disconnecting the batteries, then undid the grounds on the right and left side of the engine bay, cleaning them with a wire brush, and applying an ox-guard to protect against corrosion. I secured the grounds, cleaned the battery terminals, applied ox-guard, and tightened the battery connections.

I started the truck up, and all codes were gone except P2509, so I turned the truck off and let it sit for about 30 minutes.

I came back, and all codes were gone.

I took the truck for a test drive and have checked a couple more times, no codes, and everything seems to be working.

Thank you, TexNeck and AK_Bob!!!

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

8. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post