Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 RAM 2500 Cummins - Left Hand Pull

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2020 RAM 2500 Cummins - Left Hand Pull

Quote Originally Posted by Lift89 View Post
    Had truck aligned. Left caster 3.1, right caster 3.9, toe was .01 & .02.

Those were aligned to thuren specs.

The truck has a slight left-hand pull/drift now.

My wheel and tire set up are Nitto Ridge grapplers. 33/12.5r20 -40.

I heard that those tires can pull left; any ideas or experiences with left pull on these trucks?

I was told to get a lower steering stabilizer like Fox, so the positive pressure from the stabilizer will push right to counter left-hand pull?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The caster will create a pull to the side with a lesser amount if the side-to-side is too great.

We use minutes and degrees, but there is close to a degree apart.

I like to see no more than a 1/2 degree or 30 minutes from side to side, both on the caster and camber.

Toe doesn't create a pull unless it's way off.

What was your camber?

Adjusting this is somewhat limited because of our axles.

Camber requires special ball joints.

Nice tight parts, no impact damage, and should be close to zero.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: 2020 RAM 2500 Cummins - Left Hand Pull

Quote Originally Posted by Lift89 View Post
    So the only way to get my truck to drive straight is to put a little cross caster in the front axel.

Thuren specs didn’t work at all.

My truck has a passenger lean of 3/4,” but the truck drives straight as an arrow now.

Thinking it may have to do with the wheel and tire set up?

33/12.5r20 -40 offset.

Let me know what you all think.

2020 Ram 2500 Cummins.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...64126fb5d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have too much side-to-side caster variation.

You want it no more than a 1/2 degree (30 minutes).

It will pull to the side with less caster if it's too much.

Camber looks perfect; the caster is not so.

Being in the red isn't a big deal, but they do need to be positive caster and side to side 1/2 degree.

In reality, 3/4 is about max acceptable, but plan on a 1/2 degree or less, and you dont have an issue.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12