Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Which Tuner?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Which Tuner?

Hi all, first post time - here we go!

In the not too distant future, my 2014 will be getting tuned.

Though beforehand, like many of my endeavors, I like to do as much as possible to understand better what I'll be getting into.

And the first step of this particular journey is to get familiar with my truck in its stock form.

Which brings me to the question, which platform best offers me the ability to monitor and study my truck's performance in stock form and then support tune files (EGRLess).

I see EZ Lynk and Edge offer what I'm looking for, though I would appreciate the communities input on this.

Thanks!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Which Tuner?

The MM3 also monitors anything you want it to when the truck is in stock.

Since the plan is to get the truck tuned anyway, I would purchase an MM3 from Dr. DRD with custom tunes for your truck already loaded.

This allows you to install the MM3 to monitor your truck, and then whenever you are ready to delete, download the tunes onto your ECM.

To my knowledge, Edge products are only emission compliant and do not support delete tunes, so when it comes time to delete, you would then have to purchase another tuner.

EZ Lynk would work, but you would have to use your phone or similar as the gauge, and then when it comes to deleting, you would have to find a tuner that uses the EZ Lynk as the tunes from DRD would not work on that platform.

4. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A_Savage View Post
    The MM3 also monitors anything you want it to when the truck is in stock.

Since the plan is to get the truck tuned anyway, I would purchase an MM3 from Dr. DRD with custom tunes for your truck already loaded.

This allows you to install the MM3 to monitor your truck, and then whenever you are ready to delete, download the tunes onto your ECM.

To my knowledge, Edge products are only emission compliant and do not support delete tunes, so when it comes time to delete, you would then have to purchase another tuner.

EZ Lynk would work, but you would have to use your phone or similar as the gauge, and then when it comes to deleting, you would have to find a tuner that uses the EZ Lynk as the tunes from DRD would not work on that platform.
    I agree; good advice!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I’m moving from EZ Lynk to MM3 because I can no longer find a good tuner for that platform (it came with the truck).

I would vote for the MM3 route as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Noob here too, looking to do the same.

Who and where is Dr. DRD?

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post