Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Parts For Jump Seat Swap?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Parts For Jump Seat Swap?

Does anyone have any input on swapping from a center console to a jump seat?

I'd like to know what is needed and if it's a direct swap.

Eventually, swapping to 6 speed, and I prefer the extra seating rather than a trash bin.

I'm trying to make a list to go to a local yard here in PA.

I was wondering if the AC vents still line up.

Thanks!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Parts For Jump Seat Swap?

This is probably waaaaay late, and for that, sorry, LOL.

I did a complete interior swap on my truck and went from the full center console and electric shift transfer case to a manual case, power wagon/tradesman style floor console and shifter, and jump seat.

If you haven't started yet, its an easy swap. Everything bolts directly in; make sure you buy a jump seat with the seatbelt, and I'd recommend getting like style (4th gen for 4th gen, 5th for 5th, etc.).

I put a 2020 black leather center console/jump seat in my 2013, and it works fine, but the rear vents are shaped differently (though, come to think of it, the one I bought may have come from a 1500.

I think 5th Gen years the 1500 got an updated interior).

But it is still bolted in, the air vents do not line up easily, and you may need to do some ordering of parts and test fitting if you do what I did.

Again, like year and style.

The problem is that Ebay doesn't always offer all the info, like the one I bought was listed for 1500/2500/3500 2020 model year, new too, oddly enough, it ended up being for a 1500.

If you have any other Q's PM me, so I get notified, I don't log onto the web often.

'13 CCSB 6.7
    DRD tuned MM3, deleted, H&S S364SXE, Steed Speed CNC manifold, 5" exhaust, Banks 3.5" intake manifold, grid heater delete, CAT fuel filters, BW44-47 swap, CAD delete w/ one piece axle, Dynatrac free spin, Detroit rear AAM/PW front e-locker, 4.88 Nitro gears, Carli Pintop 3.25", King 2.5, Carli-Deaver leaf packs, Carli radius arms, Carli steering stabilizers, 1" blocks in rear, bronze 20x10 Fuel Coverts, 38x13.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legendaryandrew View Post
    This is probably waaaaay late, and for that, sorry, LOL.

I did a complete interior swap on my truck and went from the full center console and electric shift transfer case to a manual case, power wagon/tradesman style floor console and shifter, and jump seat.

If you haven't started yet, its an easy swap. Everything bolts directly in; make sure you buy a jump seat with the seatbelt, and I'd recommend getting like style (4th gen for 4th gen, 5th for 5th, etc.).

I put a 2020 black leather center console/jump seat in my 2013, and it works fine, but the rear vents are shaped differently (though, come to think of it, the one I bought may have come from a 1500.

I think 5th Gen years the 1500 got an updated interior).

But it is still bolted in, the air vents do not line up easily, and you may need to do some ordering of parts and test fitting if you do what I did.

Again, like year and style.

The problem is that Ebay doesn't always offer all the info, like the one I bought was listed for 1500/2500/3500 2020 model year, new too, oddly enough, it ended up being for a 1500.

If you have any other Q's PM me, so I get notified, I don't log onto the web often.
    I'm looking into doing the opposite swap, center jump seat to the center console in my 2012.

The bezel you are talking about, is it the lower bezel for the dash, or the upper (silver) one?

Are there power wires under the seat that will make the outlets inside the center console active?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    I'm looking into doing the opposite swap, center jump seat to the center console in my 2012.

The bezel you are talking about, is it the lower bezel for the dash, or the upper (silver) one?

Are there power wires under the seat that will make the outlets inside the center console active?
    I've got a 2010 with the full center console and wish it were a jump seat.

You're not in SE WA by chance?

I'm pretty sure power is coming from the dash to the console, not from the driver seat to the console.

I'll open 'er up and check.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Sadly I'm in Michigan or else this would be a great meet and swap LOL.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post