Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Uconnect Update For '18 RAM With 8.4 UAS (Non-Nav) Radio

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Looking For Uconnect Update For '18 RAM With 8.4 UAS (Non-Nav) Radio

I am looking to find a place to download the 8.4 UAS (non-nav) update 39.6?

I can only find the UAQ updates, but I don't have a navigation radio.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Did you enter your VIN on this website?

https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I can't; I have a '16 2500 but upgraded to an '18 8.4" UAS head unit (for car play)

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Did you enter your VIN on this website?

https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: Looking For Uconnect Update For '18 RAM With 8.4 UAS (Non-Nav) Radio

Quote Originally Posted by bfg2500 View Post
    I can't; I have a '16 2500 but upgraded to an '18 8.4" UAS head unit (for car play)
    Okay, that makes sense.

Have you tried contacting Uconnect support?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yeah, I tried that too, and since I don’t have a VIN to a vehicle I don’t own, they pretty much told me to make like a tree and leave. LOL

Okay, that makes sense.

Have you tried contacting Uconnect support?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed D . Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bfg2500 View Post
    Yeah, I tried that too, and since I don’t have a VIN to a vehicle I don’t own, they pretty much told me to make like a tree and leave. LOL
    Well, that’s not good news, LOL.

I wonder if someone else who has the same radio can download the update using their VIN and send it to you?

I don’t know if the actual update is VIN specific or not?

Just a thought!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The RA3-RA4, the 8.4 no nav, and nav are the same unit only difference thing is the navigation activation code you can buy for 100$; I think it's the same for your unit as well, not sure.

Where did you order your head unit swap from?

Long shot, but you can go through a VIN database to find a truck with that radio and see.

I do that for the Sirus 3 months free once in a while.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

That's what I was hoping for, someone with an '18 RAM that has downloaded the update for manually updating.

It's not VIN-specific in a sense.

Uconnect requires it to download from their website.

I have a '16 2500 but need a VIN from an '18 RAM with the 8.4" Uconnect UAS (non-nav) radio.

So far, I've only been able to find updates for the 8.4" Uconnect UAQ (Nav) radios, and of course, you can't update firmware without the correct version. UAQ and UAS cannot be interchanged as far as I can see with the possibility of bricking.

I had an RA4(2013-2017), but that's the navigation without CarPlay; I bought the UAS(2018-2019+) to gain CarPlay.

Well, that's not good news, LOL.

I wonder if someone else who has the same radio can download the update using their VIN and send it to you?

I don't know if the actual update is VIN specific or not?

Just a thought!

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I got the head unit from infotainment.com, they want me to send the unit to them in FL so they can troubleshoot the black screen on power-up, when it's cold here in NY I get the black screen and have to pull the radio fuse under the hood which is so much fun when it's 5 degrees outside.

I figure if I can do the update myself then I won't have to pay the shipping to FL, the pay $650 for their repair service, then I'm out a radio until it comes back.

I wonder if the truck will function without the radio installed, I know the time/compass on the dash gauges won't work without it but not sure what else may not work.

Is there a place to go for the $100 update for navigation on these head units?

I've tried the VIN search and after probably 100+ Vin tries every one of them says "Up to date" and I cannot get the manual download. I've searched used and wrecked Vin's.

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post
    The RA3-RA4, the 8.4 no nav, and nav are the same unit only difference thing is the navigation activation code you can buy for 100$; I think it's the same for your unit as well, not sure.

Where did you order your head unit swap from?

Long shot, but you can go through a VIN database to find a truck with that radio and see.

I do that for the Sirus 3 months free once in a while.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

For the black screen, is that when using remote start?

For the 100$ NAV, I saw it when I was looking into jailbreaking my radio.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/upg...r.98979/page-2

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/inf...-na-uax.73871/

They have info in the links i posted on the 2018 radios may have to dig a little.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast