Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Fleece Stand Pipe Delete Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question Fleece Stand Pipe Delete Questions

Hello, it is my first time posting on a forum, and this is my first diesel truck.

I have a fleece coolant reservoir and fleece standpipe delete and was wondering how to run the coolant feed to the stock turbo.

I will be going to compounds soon.

Can I connect the coolant feed to the bottom of my fleece tank since there is an open port, or does it have to be pressurized?

It is going down, so gravity could feed it, maybe?

2014 6.7 G56

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fleece Stand Pipe Delete Questions

Not sure of that tank, but it would be best to route the piping most similar to the oem as possible or per fleece.

This system should not be gravity fed.

And will be pressurized unless I'm greatly mistaken as the reservoir pressure cap is the item preventing boil.

Perhaps someone can explain better, but a boil under power can be the death of an engine even if the gauge reads still normal.

That is why the coolant system is kept at pressure to prevent gas formation.

I've personally seen an engine in a no-pressure boil while the water temp gauge still reads normal as I'm sure others here have as well.

This happens because not all engine parts are at the same temperature, and once a boil starts, there is no cooling capacity at that location.

While the remainder of the block or head still shows average temp.

Keep your coolant system pressurized.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post