Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Oil/Fuel Filters

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: WTB: Oil/Fuel Filters

I do (after a bit of research) believe Doc's filters are rebranded PTC Filters.

http://www.ptcauto.com/fuel-filters

I know from after chatting with a Ebay Jobber of the PTC filters - There are Many Fleet operations all over the country that run these filters in their 6.7L.

Prices from this Jobber is a bit cheaper (w/Free Shipping) then Doc's advertised prices.

Not saying they are of the Highest Quality - but who is to say the OEM filter are at that level.

Note: OFF Topic & I apologize

I have found that in my area Oil/Fuel/Air Filter prices have gone up ridiculously (Maybe due to they are all made in China)

I have created a stock pile of all 3 (Hording) if ya will (Via/Amazon & Ebay - Amazon is now getting hit with alot of Out of Stocks) - just in case quality becomes an issue - I know HDEO at the local walmart is almost to the point of Empty Shelves!

I have about 3yrs worth of filters in reserve & trying to stock pile at least 3 OCI of HDEO - Mainly TRIAX Supreme ESP 5W-40 & 15W-40 & ATF.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

2. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: WTB: Oil/Fuel Filters

The OEM front filter shot up to $115 on Amazon the other day!

I found a fleet guard for $50 (price drop from $79 oddly).

I got lucky at Walmart and got the last three containers of Shell 5w40 and the last OEM Cummins oil filter.

Trying to find 12 Qts of cheap ATF + 4 was an ordeal too!

My wife thinks it is ridiculous too.

She may love the truck as I do, but we both cringe during maintenance these days.

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12