Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Losing Boost Pressure

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Losing Boost Pressure

Drove the truck all day today with no issues at all.

Pulled into the car wash to spray it off didn’t take longer than 15 minutes.

I just sprayed the outside, and I left the truck running never noticed any change in sound or anything that would raise any concern, pulling out and driving home, I could tell a very noticeable loss in low-end power. The truck wanted to stay in 5 or 6th gear going 50-65 mph.

I have no problem building boost pressure, but as soon as I build boost after a few seconds, it loses all boost pressure and drops to 0-3 pounds of boost while never letting off the fuel; com/actual rail pressure is normal.

No DTC or engine codes are popping up, one thing.

I’ve also noticed my heater in the truck isn’t heating up as it usually does and will fluctuate from blowing hard to just a little over how it would 1/2 on.

Tuning is EFI Live on 85 horse, I believe.

I can build up to a 30-pound boost with no issue but quickly drops, and it is lugging.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Losing Boost Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeskin View Post
    Drove the truck all day today with no issues at all.

Pulled into the car wash to spray it off didn’t take longer than 15 minutes.

I just sprayed the outside, and I left the truck running never noticed any change in sound or anything that would raise any concern, pulling out and driving home, I could tell a very noticeable loss in low-end power.

The truck wanted to stay in 5 or 6th gear going 50-65 mph.

I have no problem building boost pressure, but as soon as I build boost after a few seconds, it loses all boost pressure and drops to 0-3 pounds of boost while never letting off the fuel; com/actual rail pressure is normal.

No DTC or engine codes are popping up, one thing.

I’ve also noticed my heater in the truck isn’t heating up as it usually does and will fluctuate from blowing hard to just a little over how it would 1/2 on.

Tuning is EFI Live on 85 horse, I believe.

I can build up to a 30-pound boost with no issue but quickly drops, and it is lugging.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you tested for boost leaks?

C1AEC45B-A28E-43A0-B3C0-E2212FC6259A.jpeg

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Have you checked all the easy stuff?

Boots to the turbo, bolts turbo to manifold, gasket turbo to manifold.

Boost line to Guage.

Please keep us posted on your findings.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You said you left it running while you did a 15min wash.

Did you use the high pressure hose and blast the front of the grill?

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post