Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Time To Start My Upgrades - 2018 RAM 2500 4x4 CCSB

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Time To Start My Upgrades - 2018 RAM 2500 4x4 CCSB

Ok, I know this has been gone thru numerous times in different threads, so here we go on what I plan to do in 2022 with my 2018 2500 4x4 CCSB stock 73,000 miles daily driver.

Please feel free to comment because most have already been there, and I would appreciate your thoughts.

(1) Of course, DRD's help.

(2) Tires got 42,000 out of the Firestone's AT, have to Cooper AT on now, have to balance them every rotation will not purchase these again for 2500, doesn't look like I'm going to get but about 45,000 out of them, thinking Michelin AT I don't need a real aggressive AT but need some for the boat launch and hunting and would like a little more longevity.

(3) Shocks thinking Bilstein 4600 all stock height no lift's planned in the future

(4) Exhaust, want as close to the stock sound as I can get, 4" SS FP, 30" FTE resonator with some muffler if it will fit in what's left of the straight run, or do I need the muffler with the 30" FTE resonator?

I do plan on keeping this truck till I or it fall's apart 60 yrs old pull about 8,000 bumper pull 6 to 8 times a year plan on moving to 5th wheel no more than about 12,000# soon, I really would appreciate any input or thoughts in leading me in the right direction.

2. Thanks watersupply189, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Time to start my upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by mikeshuntin View Post
    Ok I know this has been gone thru numerous times in different threads, so here we go on what I plan to do 2022 with my 2018 2500 4x4 ccsb stock 73,000 miles daily driver, please feel free to comment because most have you have already been there and I would appreciate your thoughts.
    (1) Of course DRD's help
    (2) Tires got 42,000 out of the Firestone's AT, have Cooper AT on now, have to balance them every rotation will not purchase these again for the 2500, doesn't look like I'm gonna get but about 45,000 out of them, thinking Michelin AT I don't need a real aggressive AT but need some for the boat launch and hunting and would like a little more longevity.
    (3) Shocks thinking Bilstein 4600 all stock height no lift's planned in the future
    (4) Exhaust, want as close to stock sound as I can get, 4" ss fp, 30" fte resonator with some kind of muffler if it will fit in what's left of the straight run, or do I need the muffler with the 30" fte resonator?

I do plan on keeping this truck till me or it fall's apart 60 yrs old, pull about 8,000 bumper pull 6 to 8 times a year plan on moving to 5th wheel no more than about 12,000# soon, I really would appreciate any input or thoughts in leading me in the right direction.
    Sounds like your heading in the right direction.
    I’ve not had very good luck with Michelin’s. Every one I’ve owned the sidewalls dry rotted before the tread was even half worn down.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes AK Bob, SyN liked this post