Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  54
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 RAM Cummins G56 Swap Issues

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2017 RAM Cummins G56 Swap Issues

@Crshanta, thats pretty much what I've been doing.

I pulled a 25ft 3 horse trailer (fully loaded w/ gear and everything), and she just kept going.

I am on 35's w/ 2.5 leveling and factory bags, but she pulled like a train.

My 04 3500 NV5600 just pulled 10k of coal on my car trailer and another 2k on the bed, which I do have Airlift bags on that (I have a bed I built for welding plus my welder and my tools/etc. in my wells) and I will say that pulled easier than my '17 with the 68RFE so a swap may be coming in the future.

I'll have to find a picture of it loaded and put it up.

2017 2500 Red Tradesman on 35" Treadwright Guard-dogs mounted on 17' Method NV HD's, 2.5" Leveling kit with upgraded Bil's all the way around, AMP'd Research Steps, Ez-Lynk/5" Turbo back, Billet Grille, Blacked out Headlight Housings with added LED outer shroud, B&W Gooseneck Turn-over ball. Much Much more to come..

"If one day the speed kills me, don't be sad because I will have died smiling," - Paul Walker

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I cheated.

Special ordered mine truck new with a G56.

Of course, the stock clutch slipped at about 50K.

Southbend in it now.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

2017 was rated for 900 ft lbs if you have a 3500 and Aisin; the G56 units were rated for less, but I am certain it was because of the stock weak clutch.

I love my handshaker.

Installed the big black Genos shift knob on it, which has the Cummins logo in it.

No one wants to drive it, manual and no shift pattern on the knob

Millennial theft device is what we call them at work.

This one.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I'm actually in the insurance business - we had a claim from one of my customers of a break-in in his 2016 2500 with G56.

The crooks popped the door open and had it running but must have taken too long to figure out how to get it moving because they ran and left the truck running (they went through the glovebox and console before leaving)

The adjuster said he sees it all the time with 3-pedal vehicles, break-ins happen, but vehicle theft doesn't, LOL.

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oMegaOrange View Post
    Ditto.
    A write-up would be awesome, OP.

My 68 is on borrowed time.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12