Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: 68RFE Build - Options In Alaska

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68RFE Build - Options In Alaska

Hello everyone looking for some options for transmission builders in Alaska.

If I can find someone in the state, great if not, I will have to ship out.

Transmission is still in working order, but it is time to build it before it goes out.

The truck is a 2012 Dodge RAM 2500 deleted with trans tuning.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Build - Options In Alaska

Sorry - I can't help you with the info you're looking for - though I will - Wish Ya Good Luck!

Keep us updated with any shops you find - Possibly helping out others in your area who are members & looking for rebuilds or repairs in the future!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, J695 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by J695 View Post
    Hello everyone looking for some options for transmission builders in Alaska.

If I can find someone in the state, great if not, I will have to ship out.

Transmission is still in working order, but it is time to build it before it goes out.

The truck is a 2012 Dodge RAM 2500 deleted with trans tuning.

Even though I have lived in Anchorage for the last 48 years, the shops I have dealt with in the past have come and gone.

Because of their great reputation and longevity I would give Young’s Gear a call and see what they can offer or recommend.

https://youngsgear.net/

If that doesn’t pan out I would look into having a built Revmax transmission shipped up.

Please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks J695, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Even though I have lived in Anchorage for the last 48 years, the shops I have dealt with in the past have come and gone.

Because of their great reputation and longevity I would give Young’s Gear a call and see what they can offer or recommend.

https://youngsgear.net/

If that doesn’t pan out I would look into having a built Revmax transmission shipped up.

Please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.
    Thank you I will call them up.

They were on my list to call because I'm going to re-gear my truck and have heard good things about them not sure about there transmission work but will definitely be calling them on Monday.

If I can't find anyone solid for the transmission I'm just going to have to send it out.

I just need it done right built for reliability I can drop the transmission myself.

If I had more workspace I would attempt to build it myself.

I don't drive my truck hard whatsoever, daily drive and tow occasionally, under 80k miles on my 2012.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by J695 View Post
    Thank you I will call them up.

They were on my list to call because I'm going to re-gear my truck and have heard good things about them not sure about there transmission work but will definitely be calling them on Monday.

If I can't find anyone solid for the transmission I'm just going to have to send it out.

I just need it done right built for reliability I can drop the transmission myself.

If I had more workspace I would attempt to build it myself.

I don't drive my truck hard whatsoever, daily drive and tow occasionally, under 80k miles on my 2012.

Just wondering how you made out with Young’s Gear, we’re they able to offer a quality rebuild or recommend another place?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Just wondering how you made out with Young's Gear, we're they able to offer a quality rebuild or recommend another place?
    I haven't called this week yet have been extremely busy at work.

I will call tomorrow and give an update this weekend.

12. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post