Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Tail Light Woes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tail Light Woes

I bought some new Acanii led tail lights for my 2013 RAM 2500

It does not have factory-led lights.

I got the Acanni tail lights put in, and the left one worked perfectly, but the right one had no running light.

Turn signals and brake lights both works through this entire process.

I thought the tail light was terrible and put the old tail lights back in, but the tail light on the right side no longer worked with the original tail light now.

uninstalled and reinstalled swapped bulbs back and forth checked power to the plug nothing worked no power on the right side left side works perfectly

I put the original tail light back in, still not working, and I said screw it.

i gave up frustrated and went inside for a while, and when I came back out, the tail light had started working again.

I tried installing the acanni led tail lights again, and now the left side is doing what the right side was, and the right side is working perfectly.

My connections are tight and perfect; I am not getting power at the plug.

Are my lights just not playing nice with the computer?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tail Light Woes

Well, I know nobody had the chance to answer, but I figured I would give an update.

When I pulled the bulb out of the socket, I must have damaged it because I have a short in the socket, it seems.

Nine bucks from O'Reilly, and I'm back in business.

I will have to wait until morning for it to come in, but when I swap the actual sockets back and forth, the problem follows the one socket.

I can make either light work on either side as long as I use the good socket.

4. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post