Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Bubbles After Shut Down? - Head Gasket Issues?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Bubbles After Shut Down? - Head Gasket Issues?

2012 replaced head gasket four years ago installed studs etc.

So I'm unsure of the problem last few months after shutting down.

I hear bubbles in the overflow jug like it did when the head gasket went four years ago.

It doesn't gain any fluid.

I put a hot mark on the jug.

It goes there every time never goes over that mark after a few hours sitting overnight.

It's sucking the fluid back and fills the radiator not entirely to the top but right there where you can see it in the radiator and goes to the cool mark on the overflow jug.

When the head gasket went, last time hose would get hard, stay hard even overnight, and would not return the coolant to the radiator overnight.

Also, when I shut the truck off and hear the bubbles every few seconds, I can jump out grab the hose, and it is soft, not hard at all.

What else can cause the overflow jug to get bubbles after shut down and still return coolant and not have pressure in the hoses?

Can open the cap in the morning no pressure at all when removing the cap

Another odd thing is the temps will go from 180-190 more than usual. It will stay at 180 until i get on it, and it will go to 190.

Automatic go back to 180 over and overthrow out the day it used to stay around the same temp unless I was getting on it hard for a mile or so, then it would go to 190 moves drove it 800-900 miles last few weeks thinking it was air just trapped in the system.

If it's got so much pressure after shut down, it's leaking air into the puke jug.

Wouldn't the hose be hard also?

Is there anything else that can cause this issue? I've replaced the cap with a gates cap still same results.

I had some bad EFI Live tunes installed on my truck a few months ago; the only thing different I've done to the truck in the last few months.

I am waiting on an MM3 to come this week to fix that issue.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Bubbles After Shut Down? - Head Gasket Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffray1 View Post

I hear bubbles in the overflow jug like it did when the head gasket went four years ago.

It goes there every time never goes over that mark after a few hours sitting overnight.

It's sucking the fluid back and fills the radiator not entirely to the top but right there where you can see it in the radiator and goes to the cool mark on the overflow jug.

When the head gasket went, last time hose would get hard, stay hard even overnight, and would not return the coolant to the radiator overnight.

Also, when I shut the truck off and hear the bubbles every few seconds, I can jump out grab the hose, and it is soft, not hard at all.

What else can cause the overflow jug to get bubbles after shut down and still return coolant and not have pressure in the hoses?

Another odd thing is the temps will go from 180-190 more than usual. It will stay at 180 until i get on it, and it will go to 190.

Automatic go back to 180 over and overthrow out the day it used to stay around the same temp unless I was getting on it hard for a mile or so, then it would go to 190 moves drove it 800-900 miles last few weeks thinking it was air just trapped in the system.

If it's got so much pressure after shut down, it's leaking air into the puke jug.

Is there anything else that can cause this issue? I've replaced the cap with a gates cap still same results.

I had some bad EFI Live tunes installed on my truck a few months ago; the only thing different I've done to the truck in the last few months.

My 12 was doing the same thing almost 2 years ago never lost Coolant and wouldn’t overheat but temps would bounce between 180-190 never have power loss or pressure in the coolant hoses.

Main issue that I had was the bubbling, and it was a head gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Bubbles After Shut Down? - Head Gasket Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffray1 View Post

Have you ran a combustion leak test?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post