Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Black Market Performance - Water Separator/Fuel Filter System

1. Top Of Page | #1

Black Market Performance - Water Separator/Fuel Filter System

I purchased their water separator and fuel filter system for my 2018 RAM 3500 with 15k miles on her (she’s worn out).

I figured I’d start with the water separator in the rear. Everything went well until I started the truck up and saw fuel dripping on the floor.

I crawled back under and found the 90deg. Fitting leaking.

I gave up after a couple of diesel fuel showers and a massive mess on my shop floor.

I pulled the aftermarket system back off and started investigating.

Both fuel fittings on the BMP system are .012 smaller in diameter than the stock filter.

I reinstalled the stock water separator and have zero leaks.

I contacted BMP the following Monday.

The response I got is all the fittings are smaller and that I need to get new O-Rings for my quick disconnect fittings.

Here is an idea for them: How about selling the correct size fittings or supplying new O-rings with their system.

They have seen this before, and I’m sure nobody is changing these filters out on brand new (new O-rings) trucks.

There is now a brand new BMP fuel filter replacement system in my trash can!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SyN, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Black Market Performance - Water Separator/Fuel Filter System

Sorry to hear about your issues - Hopefully, you get this figured out & leak-free & reliable.

I installed the Diesel Fuel Filter Kit ---> https://dieselfuelfilterkits.com/13_...ilter_kit.html - On my 2017 @ the 15K mile mark.

Due to the Aluminum Base & Aluminum CAT filter housing having issues with Galling, I switched to the Donaldson DBF5814 (Spin-On) Filter = No Galling problems now.
    Install was decently straightforward & easy - with no issues - The fit & Quality of parts were the same as OEM. (Never one leak or reliability issue so far)

Best of luck with your situation & Keep Us Up to Date!

Quality Parts / Kits these days are getting to be a thing of the past! (I was Lucky with my selection)

Happy Holidays to You & Yours!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post