Likes Likes:  189
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pressure Vents Leaking Water

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: Pressure Vents Leaking Water

Ok, the new vents are in, and you can see the difference.

I already put one in, and there is no free play anymore because of the design difference.

The seal in the new one is towards the inside so that it has a tighter fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, toyota_mdt_tech liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Nice, it looks like they may have got it right this time!

Your decision to replace them was a smart move.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Mortifera liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifera View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3fbf7ece7d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...875f8bb928.jpg

Ok, the new vents are in, and you can see the difference.

I already put one in, and there is no free play anymore because of the design difference.

The seal in the new one is towards the inside so that it has a tighter fit.

OK, this is one vent assembly? Do you have the part number? I assume if I order one from Mopar, I will automatically get the new design, ie a part number change? I found that with my 3rd brake light too. Different part number.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Peace of mind isn’t always pretty, but I swear on my life if I have to rip this interior out again, I’m getting a Ford.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Peace of mind isn’t always pretty, but I swear on my life if I have to rip this interior out again, I’m getting a Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I wish I had known they redesigned them when mine was torn down.

I would have replaced them as well.

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Pressure Vents Leaking Water

Has anybody sprayed on sound deadener before?

I ordered some through Second Skin, and I’d imagine it’s similar to spraying undercoating.

I only have a small air compressor here in Hawaii and wondered what kind of air compressor would be sufficient. If my little battery-operated compressor is too small, I’d be more than happy to sell it and upgrade!

It’s a Dewalt that operates off of what looks like an electric lawnmower battery.

Suggestions?

I don’t have tons of room or care to ship a six-foot-tall tank back to the mainland when I move, just FYI.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SyN liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifera View Post
    Has anybody sprayed on sound deadener before?

I ordered some through Second Skin, and I’d imagine it’s similar to spraying undercoating.

I only have a small air compressor here in Hawaii and wondered what kind of air compressor would be sufficient. If my little battery-operated compressor is too small, I’d be more than happy to sell it and upgrade!

It’s a Dewalt that operates off of what looks like an electric lawnmower battery.

Suggestions?

I don’t have tons of room or care to ship a six-foot-tall tank back to the mainland when I move, just FYI.

I would recommend, at a minimum, the air compressor should be capable of 4–5 CFM at 50–70 PSI.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Mortifera, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN, Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@Mortifera, I assume these slide in by pushing them in from the outside.

I am looking at new baffles; I see a snap from the outside.

Is there a hood that goes over the outside part too?

I am installing my new units this weekend.

I got them in yesterday.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    @Mortifera, I assume these slide in by pushing them in from the outside.

I am looking at new baffles; I see a snap from the outside.

Is there a hood that goes over the outside part too?

I am installing my new units this weekend.

I got them in yesterday.
    Incase you don’t hear back from @Mortifera before the weekend, I took a look at my pressure vents and they do snap in from the outside, no hood or visor on the outside.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Incase you don’t hear back from @Mortifera before the weekend, I took a look at my pressure vents and they do snap in from the outside, no hood or visor on the outside.
    Man, what a bunch of troopers.

Who goes out in the driveway, lays on their back to help out a fellow Cummins pal on a forum.

AK Bob does.

I like this forum, nice group.

18. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast