Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  40

Thread: Anyone Running 295/65/20 On Factory Suspension - 2012 RAM 3500 4X4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

Anyone Running 295/65/20 On Factory Suspension - 2012 RAM 3500 4X4

I am currently running Toyo AT Extreme 295/60/20 on my 2012 RAM 3500 4X4.

I have Worx Beast 803 wheels (9" wide with +18mm Offset), no rubbing anywhere.

I am curious to see if I can get away with running the larger 295/65/20 tires without doing a level or lift of any kind.

If not, I will stick with the 295/60/20's

Any input is appreciated.

Thank You

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone Running 295/65/20 On Factory Suspension - 2012 RAM 3500 4X4

You can run a 35 and have minor plastic trimming, which will leave you with a slight rub at full lock.

Still fine for daily driving.

Check out more trucks here: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wh...width_from=9.0

This gallery link will help you see what each setup will look like.

To get some images rolling through your head.

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, ECLIPSE22, SyN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have 35x12.50r20 on stock wheels with no lift and no full rubbing at lock.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, ECLIPSE22, SyN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

On a side note, I have custom tuning on my truck (Raceme Ultra Warp Tuning - DRD).

Does anyone know if I would be able to change the tire size on my programmer without having to get the custom tuning re-written at an additional cost?

I would like to have my speedometer and program that I am running accurate so that shift points relative to speed etc. are exactly how they were intended in relation to the warp tuning I have.

Would having a 2-3 mph difference @ 60mph due to an increase in tire size be harmful to the truck if the tire size is not able to be changed on the tuner?

Thanks

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ECLIPSE22 View Post
    On a side note, I have custom tuning on my truck (Raceme Ultra Warp Tuning - DRD).

Does anyone know if I would be able to change the tire size on my programmer without having to get the custom tuning re-written at an additional cost?

I would like to have my speedometer and program that I am running accurate so that shift points relative to speed etc. are exactly how they were intended in relation to the warp tuning I have.

Would having a 2-3 mph difference @ 60mph due to an increase in tire size be harmful to the truck if the tire size is not able to be changed on the tuner?

Thanks
    Yes you can change the tire size anytime you want without getting new tunes, go to ecm, abs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, ECLIPSE22 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ECLIPSE22 View Post

Thanks
    Yes you can but it requires a software update on your tuner to add that feature if you have had your tuner for awhile.

If you just recently got it then it should already be programmed in there.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, ECLIPSE22, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, ECLIPSE22, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Thanks, everyone.

That is excellent news!

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

So just a quick update regarding this older post.

I have installed the 295/65/20 Toyo Extreme AT II tires on my Worx Beast 803 20"x9"x 18mm offset.

The suspension is completely factory.

The only rubbing I have experienced is just before the entire lock on the splash guard (both sides - cab side).

Trimming the small amount of them was super easy, and now it does not rub.

I am pleased with the setup I am running, and I am experiencing a smoother ride compared to the old 295/60/20 Toyo Extreme AT II that I was running before with a shorter sidewall.

Super easy to change the tire size using the Ultra programmer under the TPMS section

Thanks again for the information

16. Thanks Power247, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

You have the ideal gears for a 35" tire; nice job!

If I went up another size to 295/65/20, I'd want to regear to 3.73s for sure.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I ran that size on Fuel Maverick dually wheels and rubbed slightly where you said.

I put Thuren lift coils on the front; they don’t rub at all now.

I have 4.11 gears, and the tires lowered my RPMs to about 250 RPM below factory-size tires at 70mph.

I adjusted the Speedo using my MM3.

2018 3500 Single Cab DRW 4x4 H.O., Aisin Trans, Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/65R20, Fuel Wheels, Smoked LED’s All Over.
    Never Forget 343

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post