Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Is It Time For A New Trans? (Idiots First 68RFE)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Is It Time For A New Trans? (Idiots First 68RFE)

Hey all.

I had the dreaded P0765 Shift Solenoid code pop up on my way to work this morning.

Not a fun experience at 5 in the morning. I was able to restart and drive the remaining 20 miles to work just fine.

On the 35 mile trip home, I did not have any issues on the highway.

Watching the gauge, the transmission took almost the whole trip to reach operating temperature.

It did hover right at 168 degrees when it got there. I rarely go over 30% throttle and try not to mash the throttle when in a higher gear for transmission health.

My MPG average has dropped to 18 recently as well, but I blamed that on Winter fuel.

Just wondering if this is foreshadowing some serious $$$ spent sooner than anticipated.

2019 Tradesman CCSB 6.7: S&S 10MM CP3, DRD "Enhanced", Flo-Pro 4" Straight Pipe, Fleece and Revmax goodies, Weight-loss supplements and Buckstop Prius-deflectors

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Is It Time For A New Trans? (Idiots First 68RFE)

While we wait for a better answer, this information on the code may help.

P0765-UD.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks That_One_Person, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Is It Time For A New Trans? (Idiots First 68RFE)

Thanks for that, Bob.

Today, I've done some research where it could be anything from a wire in a harness to clutches going bad.

I unplugged any devices that draw voltage in the cab overnight since it is starting to cool down in Indiana.

Not the most fabulous timing with the huge holiday weekend.

2019 Tradesman CCSB 6.7: S&S 10MM CP3, DRD "Enhanced", Flo-Pro 4" Straight Pipe, Fleece and Revmax goodies, Weight-loss supplements and Buckstop Prius-deflectors

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post