Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  23

Thread: Allison Conversion Finally Done

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Allison Conversion Finally Done

My Allison swap is finally done, and I recorded pretty much the whole process, so now I've got to process all the video.

I think I have something like 15 hours worth because I couldn't find hardly any information online before the swap.

Those who had swapped it just said it sucked to do, which it does.

One of my goals with this swap was to create a very detailed, informative video so anyone else would be knowledgeable about the swap beforehand.

Once I get my video processed, I'll update this with the link for anyone interested in doing the swap.

Working nights and weekends was a 2-month process, but I ran into a couple of snags, and without those, it would have been considerably shorter.

I've also got one more thing to cross off before I can finish the video as I currently don't have 4WD Low.

Even the company wasn't aware I would lose this, but the early 6.7L trucks are interesting.

It seems Dodge didn't get the bugs worked out until around 2010.

When I have figured out a good way to let the truck safely go into 4WD Low, I'll let the company know and include it in my video.

The company has also agreed to put my video on this homepage, and they are looking forward to having it.

As much as it sucked, it was also a fun process, and I now have a 2008 6.7L truck with a manual trans tune and a bright yellow six-speed Allison.

I've only burned about half a tank of diesel, so the transmission hasn't fully learned my driving, but even in this early stage, it's so much better than my 68RFE as I can't wait to hook up to my gooseneck and start putting the truck to work.

My exhaust brake plus Allison's features will haul the empty truck from road speed to a stop in pretty short order, and I'd like to see how it behaves with a load behind it too.

With my 3.73's I get 6th gear about 70 mph which is different from what I'm used to, and it shifts pretty much at 2000 on every gear.

It's stiff shifting right now, and I know it will never be buttery smooth, but it does seem like the shifts had softened just a bit from when I picked it up.

I need to include some driving footage in my video so everyone can understand exactly what it's going to be like should they do the swap.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Allison Conversion Finally Done

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting, looking forward to the videos and future updates.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I am looking forwards to seeing the video.

I’m planning on doing the Allison swap on mine in the spring.

What company did you go with on it?

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CCLB DRW. *** EGR delete, S&B cold air intake, Flo-Pro 5” stainless turbo back exhaust without muffler, shibby plug kit, MM3 tuner with DRD complete option package. ARP 625 head studs, 103# valve springs, extreme duty push rods, pusher intake horn, CP3 bag of parts, fleece powerflo in tank lift pump.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

CA Conversions in Florida.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5
    DEFUND EPA I WILL STAND sootmaster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hello, I am doing my RAM 7.5 2500 RAM, but mostly ATS early conversion kit with Copilot to aid in shift and pressures.

I will be updating after I finish my personal Allision 6spd assemble, doing my clutch combo and stack, planning on Compound turbo and redo long block with earlier 5.9l tempered rods and Fire oring head and recondition head assemble.

Unsure if I lose the 4x4 low at this time; love to hear how to regain this option as I have a front diff with AAM front splined locker which can spool lock front diff in 4x4 low and low speed, will trash your transfer case & front diff if you lock any other time!

Last edited by sootmaster; 04-01-2022 at 02:21 PM. Reason: description edit

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post