Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: S300 Non-VGT Swap Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

S300 Non-VGT Swap Questions

I am looking to swap out the factory turbo for an S300 turbo in the 3rd Gen location.

I plan on buying a new manifold, either T3 or T4 depending on the turbo and the Fleece S300/S400 oil line kit.

Are there any other small parts that I would need?

I am looking at Stainless Diesel 5-blade S366 or the non-VGT fleece cheetah from the 04.5-07 5.9's.

I've also been looking at the bd iron horn kits; I'm not a fan of the included manifolds.

Im mainly concerned with attaching the exhaust to a new turbo since I'm not sure what the factory flange is considered.

I know the stainless turbo has either the HX40 or JD Marmon mounts for the exhaust, but I'm not sure which would mount better.

Looking for any advice you've got!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: S300 Non-VGT Swap Questions

I think the exhaust will mate up.

They put that flange on the aftermarket turbos to work with existing TBE kits, which were in turn made to fit the stock turbo.

2nd Gen swaps give you a piece to go from turbo to existing TBE, but I'm pretty sure that's because of the new location, not the flange.

I'm not entirely positive, but I'm sure wherever turbo you buy, they will also know.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post