Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Think You Do Not Need A Better Fuel Filter System? THINK AGAIN!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Let's Go BRANDON!!! Patriot MotorSports's Avatar

User Info Menu

Cool Think You Do Not Need A Better Fuel Filter System? THINK AGAIN!

One of the projects I am working on right now is an Onboard Fuel Polishing System using my 115-Gallon LUND "Transfer Tank" mounted in the bed of my 2021 Ram 3500.

On my last trip from South Carolina to Eastern Long Island, NY, and Washington State.

I started having P0087 Fuel Rail pressure issue codes and limp mode performance degradation.

Of course, I recognized this as a typical fuel filter restriction but understood that BOTH OEM fuel filters were replaced just a week before departing my trip.

The following images are what you can find when buying discounted fuel off-brand at a toll plaza service station where the local Government is buying fuel at the cheapest bid!

YES, that is dirt in the brand new fuel tank!!

So stay tuned.

I will be sharing a video of my Marine-Based Fuel Polishing system and its function soon!

2. Thanks Sisupower, cbitt, SyN, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Think You Do Not Need A Better Fuel Filter System? THINK AGAIN!

PMS for the Post & Info above - Your Point is so True! IMHO.

Don't Skimp on your fuel going into your 6.7L - I don't travel cross country - but I go out of my way only to fill up @ Shell or Phillips 66 (Stations or Truck Stops) even if their cost per gallon is a few cents more.

I will say I have Never Had an issue with LOVES Country Store (Truck Stops)

Please keep us updated with your system - a few of us are very curious to see your results!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Let's Go BRANDON!!! Patriot MotorSports's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Think You Do Not Need A Better Fuel Filter System? THINK AGAIN!

Well, tonight, I finished my "Fuel Polishing System" for my transfer tank, and it works great!

I have made a short video with the links to the central parts I bought, all marine grade stuff, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I started with a Seachoice pump, which moves 33gph, which is not massive, as most filtration systems will separate water better at lower flow rates.

Since most of my driving is long distance, this is perfect for me as now all the fuel to my engine will have to pass through four filters.

I intend to sump the main tank and add the FASS lift-pump and filter set up to remove the rear filter mount altogether.

Most of the builds with higher power use this kind of setup, and it seems dirty fuel is the Achilles Heel for our trucks.

Check out the video, be sure to hit the SUBSCRIBE, and smash the notification bell!

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post