Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  112
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coolant Leak Issue

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Coolant Leak Issue

@K3n357

Not to derail or hijack, but what camera do you have in your truck for this?

I will start another thread if you like.

I hate leaving mine anywhere.

2015 / RAM / 2500 CTD-68RFE-4wd / 3.42 / stock tire size / Silver / Bighorn

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Did you ever get this straightened out?
    Yes and no, so it's storytime.

I went through insurance to Progressive's recommended collision shop network.

The shop is Ford Suburban collision shop.

They didn't want to take any blame for what their techs did and kept beating around the bush.

They kept saying them revving it cold multiple times couldn't possibly hurt it and kept going back and forth.

I stopped talking to them and stayed in contact with Progressive.

So once I told progressive about the issue when I got the truck back and the videos I have of them.

They wanted the truck to go to a dealer for a diagnosis, so from Nov 26th Jan 1st, a month of sitting at the dealer, then they wanted me to approve a tear down to see if the gaskets compromised and know if they'll cover the damages that the collision shop did.

Well, I told them, no, if you guys don't cover it, then I have to pay the dealer for the work, and they quoted 6k for the parts labor to do a head gasket job.

So I told them I wanted the shop of my choice to do the teardown, which is grandmas speed shop.

They quoted me 3k for the job, and Progressive paid to get the truck towed to the shop.

Jan 2nd- Jan 16th sat till Progressive could look at and see the damaged gasket, and finally the 17th, they looked at it.

They called me and said we saw the truck; we see it's been modified; they started doing the well it's changed this could have happened at any time.

So they proceed we're not going to cover the total amount of damages we'll give you 1k towards it.

As I am sorry this happened to you.

So pretty much on my own with it to sum it up.

1k they gave me something at least.

I'm pissed it doesn't justify what they did, and I've been without my truck for a little over 3 months, and I'm out a little over 3k for something they caused.

Shitty situation; and talked to lawyers about it, and they say it is a hard case to prove and win.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

4. Thanks AK Bob, walla2k5 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by z28-50 View Post
    @K3n357

Not to derail or hijack, but what camera do you have in your truck for this?

I will start another thread if you like.

I hate leaving mine anywhere.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For 100$, it isn't a bad dash cam, surprised by the quality of the camera.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post
    Yes and no, so it's storytime.

I went through insurance to Progressive's recommended collision shop network.

The shop is Ford Suburban collision shop.

They didn't want to take any blame for what their techs did and kept beating around the bush.

They kept saying them revving it cold multiple times couldn't possibly hurt it and kept going back and forth.

I stopped talking to them and stayed in contact with Progressive.

So once I told progressive about the issue when I got the truck back and the videos I have of them.

They wanted the truck to go to a dealer for a diagnosis, so from Nov 26th Jan 1st, a month of sitting at the dealer, then they wanted me to approve a tear down to see if the gaskets compromised and know if they'll cover the damages that the collision shop did.

Well, I told them, no, if you guys don't cover it, then I have to pay the dealer for the work, and they quoted 6k for the parts labor to do a head gasket job.

So I told them I wanted the shop of my choice to do the teardown, which is grandmas speed shop.

They quoted me 3k for the job, and Progressive paid to get the truck towed to the shop.

Jan 2nd- Jan 16th sat till Progressive could look at and see the damaged gasket, and finally the 17th, they looked at it.

They called me and said we saw the truck; we see it's been modified; they started doing the well it's changed this could have happened at any time.

So they proceed we're not going to cover the total amount of damages we'll give you 1k towards it.

As I am sorry this happened to you.

So pretty much on my own with it to sum it up.

1k they gave me something at least.

I'm pissed it doesn't justify what they did, and I've been without my truck for a little over 3 months, and I'm out a little over 3k for something they caused.

Shitty situation; and talked to lawyers about it, and they say it is a hard case to prove and win.
    Sorry for your troubles, friend.

Progressive kind of sounds like the Obama care of auto insurance.

$1000 is something, at least.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

I had the issue with the O Ring, especially when the truck sat for a couple of days and was cold.

I swapped out the overpriced OEM O Ring, which fixed the issue.

I had coolant leaking on the passenger side (a small amount intermittently).

Here is a link to my post with the issue I was experiencing:

Small Coolant Leak - 2012 RAM 3500 6.7L (igotacummins.com)

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123