Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  112
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coolant Leak Issue

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Coolant Leak Issue

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Also, if you removed the EGR cooler, you may want to put a small piece of white cardboard under the coolant riser "O" ring joint overnight.

Sometimes that "O" ring will leak intermittently, and the coolant will drop down and fall onto something beneath then show up on the ground later.

Small Coolant Leak - 2012 RAM 3500 6.7L: https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-RAM-3500-6-7L

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.
    Welp did a combustion test and a block test, showing signs of a gasket issue fun.

I'm pretty sure i know what hurt it.

I got it two weeks ago from an insurance claim in the body shop month, and I got it two weeks ago from an insurance claim.

It's an ongoing issue with the dealer and insurance, but I have dashcam footage of when the truck was in the shop.

They were beating on the truck when it was cold and not letting it warm up before revving the **** out of it multiple times and trying to hot dog it on the road even though it was on the stock tune.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

What the f%#%$#%?

They are freaking dirtbags!

Who the hell do they think they are?

Sorry hearing about crap like that upsets me.

Hopefully, you can take some legal action against them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

18 BigHorn 2500 Delmonico Red

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post
    Welp did a combustion test and a block test, showing signs of a gasket issue fun.

I got it two weeks ago from an insurance claim in the body shop month, and I got it two weeks ago from an insurance claim.

It's an ongoing issue with the dealer and insurance, but I have dashcam footage of when the truck was in the shop.

They were beating on the truck when it was cold and not letting it warm up before revving the **** out of it multiple times and trying to hot dog it on the road even though it was on the stock tune.
    Sorry to hear this; what a bunch of crap!

I would first try working with the insurance company and give them a copy of the dashcam footage.

One way or another, that shop needs to pay for their stupidity.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post

That’s a bunch of BS!

Turn it over to the insurance with the video and let them go after this dealer.

If that doesn’t work, Lawyer up!

That shop should pay, and the employee(s) responsible should be fired.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear this; what a bunch of crap!

I would first try working with the insurance company and give them a copy of the dashcam footage.

One way or another, that shop needs to pay for their stupidity.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

I’ve been in touch with progressive it’s one of their “trusted” collision shops.

Not only do I have the vids I sent them of the abuse.

The truck got driven 60 miles.

I was trying to ween out all the possible causes of the coolant leaks on the ground before jumping straight to gasket issue I’ll have to post some of the vids if it’ll let me.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

9. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Waiting for the other vids to process, but there's a ton of footage of them abusing it.

Progressive says they are on my side, so I have to see.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Yes, that’s abuse, the videos support it.

In the last clip, the guy all but admitted it and wanted to find a switch to turn it up.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Yes that’s abuse, the videos support it.

In the last clip, the guy all but admitted it and wanted to find a switch to turn it up.

That's 7 of the 80 videos it captured of it being there and just in 7 vids it's bad and all that pretty much right on startup with no warm-up.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Did you ever get this straightened out?

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast