Likes Likes:  87
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Mounting Options

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Mounting Options

Hey, all of you!

New here.

I just ordered an MM3 tuner from DRD and wondered how the best way is to mount it to the pillar.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Mounting Options

I've always just used the suction mount to the windshield but am getting sick of it there, so I have just recently looked into other options.

I've read that you can use the Edge Products pillar mount with some trimming; I remember seeing someone write up about it in another forum.

I'm not a big fan of the built-in pillar mount, though, and Edge Products just came out with an arm that bolts to the pillar that I think looks pretty clean.

http://www.edgeproducts.com/products...ts/parts/38602

It's for their CTS3, but I'm hoping I can make it work with the MM3.

It's in the mail on its way now, so if you're interested in that route, I can let you know how or if it even works.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TonyW07 View Post
    I've always just used the suction mount to the windshield but am getting sick of it there, so I have just recently looked into other options.

I've read that you can use the Edge Products pillar mount with some trimming; I remember seeing someone write up about it in another forum.

I'm not a big fan of the built-in pillar mount, though, and Edge Products just came out with an arm that bolts to the pillar that I think looks pretty clean.

It's in the mail on its way now, so if you're interested in that route, I can let you know how or if it even works.
    I'm interested in this.

Haven't seen it yet.

Bought a generic pillar mount for the 10-18's but I think I'd have to hack it up for the 19.

2019 Tradesman CCSB 6.7: S&S 10MM CP3, DRD "Enhanced", Flo-Pro 4" Straight Pipe, Fleece and Revmax goodies, Weight-loss supplements and Buckstop Prius-deflectors

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by That_One_Person View Post
    I'm interested in this.

I haven't seen it yet.

I bought a generic pillar mount for the 10-18's, but I think I'd have to hack it up for the 19.
    I wonder if that'll work with the MM3.

See below for one for our 19-21 trucks:

https://www.edgeproducts.com/product...ts/parts/38603

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, That_One_Person thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Should work, I think.

That ball end + adapter look the same as what's going on in the back of my MM3 with the pillar adapter I got from DRD, way back when.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Should work, I think.

That ball end + adapter look the same as what's going on in the back of my MM3 with the pillar adapter I got from DRD, way back when.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Should know for sure in a couple of days.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jarboe2, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That mount looks nice!

I haven't seen that one yet.

I can't find a pic of it mounted in the truck, though.

Yeah, when you get it in, post up a pic so I can check it out.

I'd appreciate that.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes TonyW07, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pusha View Post
    I wonder if that'll work with the MM3.

See below for one for our 19-21 trucks:

https://www.edgeproducts.com/product...ts/parts/38603
    Good to see they made one.

I think for $50, or so I'll be the guinea pig for the 5th Gen guys.

2019 Tradesman CCSB 6.7: S&S 10MM CP3, DRD "Enhanced", Flo-Pro 4" Straight Pipe, Fleece and Revmax goodies, Weight-loss supplements and Buckstop Prius-deflectors

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jarboe2, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

The mounting arm from Edge Products showed up today, and it worked exactly as expected.

I ended up using the dual tab ball mount that they sent along (supplied one is on the right in the picture below).

The CTS3 mounts are the same as the MM3.

Pop the cover out on the A-pillar and pull it out completely. Remove the 10 mm bolt.

Install the arm with the supplied Allen bolt and tighten it to how you want it sitting.

Very simple.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I ordered one of these as well.

Very clean install option IMO.

2017 Ram 2500 6.7L Laramie Megacab - Deleted/tuned by DRD

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast