Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: 2019 RAM - P0340 Service Throttle Valve

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2019 RAM - P0340 Service Throttle Valve

I recently swapped my CP4 to a CP3, and now I’m in trouble.

The truck will start rough most of the time, but it seems to be okay once running.

Every once in a while, it starts without any issue.

I get the red lightning bolt and check the engine light once it starts.

That’s when it comes up with a message service throttle valve soon.

I checked it with a code scanner and got a P0340 code which I reset and came back.

Hopefully, someone has some insight.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 RAM - P0340 Service Throttle Valve

The attached file may help you troubleshoot.

Keep in mind this information is for my 2014, so wire colors may differ.

P0340.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank You, it does look like some things have changed, but I have a starting point.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well, AK Bob, I got it up and running.

Thank you.

I work where the bad people go and forget we had a college attached and was able to get a copy of All Data, which was helpful because 2019 is just a bit different.

I did some pin-to-pin OHM testing and plugged it in for power and actual ground testing too.

Everything checked out, so I put it back together, primed the fuel pump, and the code was back before I ever started it.

Not sure if when priming the fuel pump and letting it go for about 30 seconds or so made the code pop up or not.

I drove the truck for 30 minutes, and it didn’t go away, so I went to O’Reillys.

I had them reset it with their code reader and waited two minutes, and the code has been gone since.

I drove it for about a half-hour continued driving, and several starts so far, so good.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dgfunny70 View Post
    Well, AK Bob, I got it up and running.

Thank you.

I work where the bad people go and forget we had a college attached and was able to get a copy of All Data, which was helpful because 2019 is just a bit different.

I did some pin-to-pin OHM testing and plugged it in for power and actual ground testing too.

Everything checked out, so I put it back together, primed the fuel pump, and the code was back before I ever started it.

Not sure if when priming the fuel pump and letting it go for about 30 seconds or so made the code pop up or not.

I drove the truck for 30 minutes, and it didn’t go away, so I went to O’Reillys.

I had them reset it with their code reader and waited two minutes, and the code has been gone since.

I drove it for about a half-hour continued driving, and several starts so far, so good.
    Thanks for the update, hopefully the code stays gone.

At least now you have some good information for the future.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post