Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: Cargo Bed Camera

1. Top Of Page | #1

Cargo Bed Camera

This might seem like an odd question or not even in the right section, so I apologize for that.

I am looking at getting a gooseneck trailer for my side business, I currently have the factory backup camera, and I know there is a Cargo Bed Camera.

Still, I am not sure if it is a plug-in-play for the factory or anything? Just looking for more info before I buy something.

TIA!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Cargo Bed Camera

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy92 View Post
    This might seem like an odd question or not even in the right section, so I apologize for that.

I am looking at getting a gooseneck trailer for my side business, I currently have the factory backup camera, and I know there is a Cargo Bed Camera.

Still, I am not sure if it is a plug-in-play for the factory or anything? Just looking for more info before I buy something.

TIA!
    See post #11 in the link below.

@Electrojake may also have some advice on cameras for you.

Clean Park Assist Sensors
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Electrojake thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    See post #11 in the link below.
    @Electrojake may also have some advice on cameras for you.
    Clean Park Assist Sensors
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    That thread (posts #5 & #11) pretty much covers replacement parking sensors and a OEM plug & play remote camera.

2016 Longhorn 3500, 4x4 shortbed CrewCab, Cummins HO/AISIN, 99.8% stock.
    * Hauling a 2018 Northstar Arrow-U. Scale weight 12,400 Lb.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, countryboy92 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

@Electrojake I order a kit from Tailgatecamera (https://tailgatecamera.com/collectio...dge-ram-trucks), and I was wondering if you have heard of anything with these kits.

I got everything run and then went to hook it up and am completely lost on how they have everything.

Thanks.

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy92 View Post
    @Electrojake I order a kit from Tailgatecamera (https://tailgatecamera.com/collectio...dge-ram-trucks), and I was wondering if you have heard of anything with these kits.

I got everything run and then went to hook it up and am completely lost on how they have everything.

Thanks.
    Greetings countryboy92

However, my remote camera was true "plug & play" since all I did was replace the factory tailgate camera with a new unit.

If your truck did not come from the factory with a Cargo Camera and you are adding one, you will need to program the body control module to activate it.

I believe you can do it with a program called AlfaOBD, but I do not know-how.

I hope that helps some.

Regards,
    -Jake-

2016 Longhorn 3500, 4x4 shortbed CrewCab, Cummins HO/AISIN, 99.8% stock.
    * Hauling a 2018 Northstar Arrow-U. Scale weight 12,400 Lb.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, SyN, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post