Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  128
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Live Error $0371 - Truck Won’t Start

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EFI Live Error $0371 - Truck Won’t Start

Hey, I have a 2018 Cummins I purchased pre-tuned; however, I didn’t know anything about the tunes.

For my sanity, I ordered a tuner and custom tune for the truck; however, I was not given the required unlock cable for 18+ trucks.

My tuning guy is doing his best to help, and he feels 99% certain that he will fix the problem and that code; however, I am still freaking out.

I ordered the cable, have no idea how long it will take to get here, and there’s no guarantee it will help me install the tune to get the truck running again.

I’m without a truck right now and looking for any guidance out there.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

It has a FASS fuel lift pump that I also took out the fuse before attempting the flash.

I followed all directions as seen online all over, but I still ended up with this error.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live Error $0371 - Truck Won’t Start

That code means the transfer of the tunes from has been suspended or not completed the flash to your truck.

You need to contact your tuner to flashback to stock.

Who tuned it?

Thank you,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I don't know who initially tuned it, and it was tuned when I bought it a few months ago.

I didn't know what power levels it was pushing, so I had a smaller place in Texas send me an autocal, with a custom tune.

Don't you think it's an issue with the unlock cable?

This is what I ordered.

I pulled the dash out and confirmed it wasn't there.

It's a requirement, and I hope that's all it is.

Theoretically, when I install that cable, I should try the flash again and be solid (I pray).

GDP Unlock Cable for use with EFI Live - 2018-2020 Dodge 6.7L | Thoroughbred Diesel

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have been talking with my tuning guy, and he is 99% certain it's the cable causing the flash not to go through, but looking for any other insight since I am very flustered right now.

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yes, you do need an unlock cable, so try that and go from there.

Good luck, friend,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Strated View Post
    Hey, I have a 2018 Cummins I purchased pre-tuned; however, I didn’t know anything about the tunes.

For my sanity, I ordered a tuner and custom tune for the truck; however, I was not given the required unlock cable for 18+ trucks.

My tuning guy is doing his best to help, and he feels 99% certain that he will fix the problem and that code; however, I am still freaking out.

I ordered the cable, have no idea how long it will take to get here, and there’s no guarantee it will help me install the tune to get the truck running again.

I’m without a truck right now and looking for any guidance out there.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

It has a FASS fuel lift pump that I also took out the fuse before attempting the flash.

I followed all directions as seen online all over, but I still ended up with this error.
    Here is a link I found about the error code:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...Error-0371-71&

Have you scanned the ECM for trouble codes?

Are you able to crank the engine over?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yeah, I get nothing when trying to crank.

I also ordered a battery charger (10amp) to plug into while doing all of this also to take that possibility away.

I scanned for DCT's, nothing came up, but technically it will be haywire right now while there is no tune loaded in.

Thank you for the responses.

I am crossing my fingers the unlock cable does the job.

I will be antsy for however long it takes to get here.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yeah, I get nothing when trying to crank.

I also ordered a battery charger (10amp) to plug into while doing all of this also to take that possibility away.

I scanned for DCT's, nothing came up, but technically it will be haywire right now while there is no tune loaded in.

Thank you for the responses.

I am crossing my fingers the unlock cable does the job.

I will be antsy for however long it takes to get here.
    Yes, after reading the updated information in your post, I agree you should resolve the tuning issue first.

If that doesn't fix the issue let us know, and we can troubleshoot the starter issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Update:

The issue isn't the unlock cable.

When looking closer, they already had one where they swapped out the wires, etc... so that isn't the issue.

One place I spoke with mentioned a stock file.

So since my truck was already tuned, they recommended trying to flash the car back to stock and then flash the tune over that.

I called my tuning guy, and it seemed like a light bulb moment for him, mentioning how the operating systems need to match, which is why flashing to stock and having a tuning profile matching that flash over it would work.

Fingers crossed, that is it.

If not, I will get a full refund and fork over twice the amount to have the shop near me do it so that I have local support and they use EZ lynk, which they like.

18. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Update:

The issue isn't the unlock cable.

When looking closer, they already had one where they swapped out the wires, etc... so that isn't the issue.

One place I spoke with mentioned a stock file.

So since my truck was already tuned, they recommended trying to flash the car back to stock and then flash the tune over that.

I called my tuning guy, and it seemed like a light bulb moment for him, mentioning how the operating systems need to match, which is why flashing to stock and having a tuning profile matching that flash over it would work.

Fingers crossed, that is it.

If not, I will get a full refund and fork over twice the amount to have the shop near me do it so that I have local support and they use EZ Lynk, which they like.
    Thanks for the update.

Make sure your batteries are entirely changed when performing the ECM flash.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast