Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  128
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Live Error $0371 - Truck Won’t Start

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: EFI Live Error $0371 - Truck Won’t Start

They were at 40%, according to a 10amp charger I got in today.

Any chance that is throwing the error code and not the fact that it's a stock file?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Make sure your batteries are entirely changed when performing the ECM flash.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.
    They were at 40% before flashing according to this 10amp charger I just received.

By the time I get stock flash tune/new custom tunes this afternoon, it should be fully charged, and we can hopefully eliminate that as being a possibility as well.

Thanks,

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Strated View Post
    They were at 40% before flashing according to this 10amp charger I just received.

By the time I get stock flash tune/new custom tunes this afternoon, it should be fully charged, and we can hopefully eliminate that as being a possibility as well.

Thanks,
    Sounds good.

I would also leave the charger connected while you perform the ECM flash.

Hopefully, the flash will take care of the starter issue also.

Please continue to keep us posted on your progress.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Tune still won't go through.

I thought it was odd since I have the 68RFE automatic in my truck, and after attempting the flash, my dash reads "press clutch, and push to start to start the engine."

Usually, it would read "press brake and push to start to start the engine."

I showed my tuner it today, and he said that was weird and he would go back to look at the tunes to make sure he selected the correct trans.

I was starting to feel like I was scammed and may have to end up dropping an additional $1600 to get a local shop to do EZ Lynk.

This sucks; if this is how EFI Live usually is, I would not ever recommend this to anyone.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I thought it was odd since I have the 68RFE automatic in my truck, and after attempting the flash, my dash reads "press clutch, and push to start to start the engine."

I showed my tuner it today, and he said that was weird and he would go back to look at the tunes to make sure he selected the correct trans.

I was starting to feel like I was scammed and may have to end up dropping an additional $1600 to get a local shop to do EZ Lynk.

This sucks; if this is how EFI Live usually is, I would not ever recommend this to anyone.
    Sounds like your tuner doesn’t know what he’s doing?

Who’s your tuner?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Chrisn162001, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Martin Diesel Performance.

I knew it was a smaller shop, but I couldn't necessarily afford to do $1600-1800 at the time and instead went that route to save a ton.

In the end, it's looking like it will cost me more for that mistake.

I can dispute it if he doesn't refund, and I'm sure it will end up being okay, but such a pain to be without my working truck for this long.

The local shop said it could be an additional 4-5 days to get the stuff in, so looking at over a week without the truck running.

Very nerve-racking.

12. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Very disappointing; hang in there; hopefully, they will send you the correct tune.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I will say he's been very communicative and seems to be trying, but I don't think he understands the pace at which I need to get this resolved.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Is there somewhere I can get a stock tune file for my truck? I read somewhere that is a good step to start stock, send that file to a tuner to use as a base file, but I don't know where to begin on getting one.

18. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Is there somewhere I can get a stock tune file for my truck? I read somewhere that is a good step to start stock, send that file to a tuner to use as a base file, but I don't know where to begin on getting one.
    Is there anyway you could ask the previous owner of the truck if they might have the stock file for it?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

20. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast