Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotshots Secret - WOW!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Hotshots Secret - WOW!

Not sure who here has tried Hotshots Secret products, but damn I switched to the Green Diamond Fleet 15W-40 Group III full synthetic, with the added stiction eliminator this last oil change, and WOW!!!

I only have 50k mi and take very, very good care of my rig and have no issues what so ever and she runs like a top.

With that said, a 5in TBE to an axle dump is rather loud, running 70-75mph, and it's something I accepted.

Switching over to their oil and the stiction eliminator dramatically reduced the sound level at 70-75mph, and all speeds for that matter.

It went from kinda "yelling" at each other in the cab to talking to being able to speak at an average volume with someone...even with the windows down.

She still sounds loud and mean, but even the neighbors have said it seems quieter, but in a good way. *my neighbors are fans of my hobby LOL*

Please take my word for it, everyone, and look into them.

Also, check out a podcast on Spotify titled: 100,000k mile diesel oil change.

It will change the way you look at oil, and I'm almost positive it will make a believer out of every one of you.

Small business owners get access to the fleet program and save some big bucks from buying in bulk.

Excellent stuff, check em out more.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Hotshots Secret - WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJonJon View Post
    Not sure who here has tried Hotshots Secret products, but damn I switched to the Green Diamond Fleet 15W-40 Group III full synthetic, with the added stiction eliminator this last oil change, and WOW!!!

I only have 50k mi and take very, very good care of my rig and have no issues what so ever and she runs like a top.

With that said, a 5in TBE to an axle dump is rather loud, running 70-75mph, and it's something I accepted.

Switching over to their oil and the stiction eliminator dramatically reduced the sound level at 70-75mph, and all speeds for that matter.

It went from kinda "yelling" at each other in the cab to talking to being able to speak at an average volume with someone...even with the windows down.

She still sounds loud and mean, but even the neighbors have said it seems quieter, but in a good way. *my neighbors are fans of my hobby LOL*

Please take my word for it, everyone, and look into them.

Also, check out a podcast on Spotify titled: 100,000k mile diesel oil change.

It will change the way you look at oil, and I'm almost positive it will make a believer out of every one of you.

Small business owners get access to the fleet program and save some big bucks from buying in bulk.

Excellent stuff, check em out more.
    I have been using Hot Shots Black Diamond oil in my truck, and I agree it quiets the motor down.

I also used their products to change the front and rear diffs and their G56 oil for the transmission.

Good stuff

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

3. Likes AK Bob, TheJonJon, Murph, Jaxonsram liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'm about to use all Hotshots in every possible fluid they make!

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I need to find that oil and give it a try.

Thanks.

White Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie, Tuned, 625 ARPs, Revmax transmission with a billet input shaft, billet flex plate, Revmax thermal bypass, Revmax deep pan, Revmax billet valve body,
    4600 shocks, Airdog 165, ARE shell, Line-X, ICT grid heater delete, Glacier diesel grid heater, stock size tires and wheels, stock suspension, mostly just a stock truck.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

So is the Stiction Eliminator what quieted it down or the oil?

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    So is the Stiction Eliminator what quieted it down or the oil?
    I think that was the big player in it.

Nice though to order all of it at once from one place.

The oil was about comparable in cost to Rotella.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

I use their Outlaw oil since my truck is vaccinated.

Great stuff

2015 Ram 3500 SB CC SRW. Smeding Diesel 464/83 1.0 2nd gen swap, Pusher heater grid delete, Smeding full flow intake horn, 5" SS exhaust, Fleece Filter delete, Smeding CCV delete, Smeding coolant reroute, Sinister/Amsoil oil bypass filter, Bilstien 5100 shocks, 3'' level. TUNING BY DRD on MM3.
    Alpine ILX 259, Skar Audio Amps
    Skar Audio 6x9s all four doors, Skar 3.5 in dash
    Audio Control DQDX to make it all sound Awesome!

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I just ordered 3 gallons of Blue Diamond for my truck and 2 gallons for the wifes 2013 BMW X5 Diesel.

Considering the T6 shortage and the fact that it is $32-35 a gallon when it is found now *gasp* I'll be happy to run the Blue Diamond oil.

There is a 15% discount code for HSS floating around, which can be found, and it takes the oil to $38 a gallon delivered.

I don't use oil additives but looking forward to seeing how the truck runs (quieter etc.) using the Blue Diamond vs. the T6 I've been running for years in all my vehicles -

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Great Company & Products - as well as the entire staff!

I personally - put HSS products in the same category (Quality) as Amsoil. (A lot might disagree - but that's perfectly fine) - just my opinion!

I enjoy chatting with Levi!

I run their Diesel Fuel Additives.
    EDT w/LX4 = Summer Months.
    Diesel Extreme (16oz 4X a Year) - Jan / April / July / Oct.
    Anti-Gel = Winter Months.

Oil - Green Diamond combo 1gal 15W-40 & 2gal 5W40 w/Wix XP filter.

Once Deleted - I will extend my OCI - Until then my OCI are once a year

Drained Oil is So Nasty - The Black Soot stains my hands so bad that I have to scrub with Dawn 3-4 times just to remove most of it.

Gear Oil - Blue Diamond combo S9 75W-90 in the Front & S11 80W-110 in the Rear - due to it contains NO Anti-Slip Additive.

They are constantly sending me free coupon codes (Via Email) for a FREE QT of EDT!

Just for sharing a Review of the previous HSS product bought.

Their (New) ATF +4 will be flowing through the Veins of the JUDGES 68RFE - some time next spring when I get the time to drop the OEM pan and install the New PPE pan still in the box in my garage - as well as her Power Steering Unit & BW44-47.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I can't see how engine oil could quiet the exhaust.

The two are entirely unrelated.

Valvetrain noise?

Sure, Exhaust?

Call me slightly skeptical.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast