Thanks Thanks:  107
Likes Likes:  318
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It Has Begun - 2018 RAM 2500 "Low Carb" Lifestyle

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

It Has Begun - 2018 RAM 2500 "Low Carb" Lifestyle

2018 with 22k miles - running great but making my final payment next month, so that title will be in hand.

Ordered FLO~PRO SS1874 exhaust (with muffler) and a GDP EGR removal kit to start.

I will order my MM3 from Ray once I'm ready to tackle the mechanicals (and to maximize his support should I need any for the first 60 or 90 days that it may be)

Remaining items to acquire:
    • -30" FTE Resonator and muffler delete pipe (for the $40 the muffler delete pipe costs, I do want to listen to the FTE by itself vs. combined with the muffler in the FLO~PRO kit)
    • -GDP Air Boss Grid Heater Delete
    • -GDP Mega Flo TVM (grid heater relocate to throttle valve)
    • -Shibby Plug kit (from DRD)
    • -MBRP T5053BLK 5" exhaust tip
    • -MM3 Tuner with 30hp tune (I'm just going one power level to set it and forget it)

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: It Has Begun - 2018 RAM 2500 "Low Carb" Lifestyle

Congrats on your final payment.

I paid mine off last year, and talking about a relief! LOL

Please keep us updated on how it goes with all your mods.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

3. Likes AK Bob, fordmanmike73 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Congrats!!!

Nothing like that 'paid in full' feeling!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

They always say the best truck is the one that's paid for!

I'll let y'all know when the title comes in, LOL.

I ordered my FTE Diesel goodies yesterday, and they are already inbound - talk about fast shipping - yes, I could have always ordered the muffler delete pipe later.

Still, I wanted to run just the 30" FTE first and by itself and have the option to pop the muffler from the FLO~PRO kit in if I needed a few more DB reductions.

Our house layout is a bonus room above the garage, and then my son's room is on the opposite side of the bonus room with the upstairs hallway there, so I may need to cut down as much of the bark as possible.

FLO~PRO's muffler in their kit is no 51" Donaldson, but if I need some more DB reduction than just the 30" FTE provides, it should be a nice compromise to keep a sound level that is more than stock and combined with the 30" FTE be nice and quiet on the hallway for the trips to the beach when he's napping.

And yes, I went 409 stainless with everything, even though I live in the South -

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

GDP EGR kit and FLO~PRO SS1874 exhaust shipped arriving Thursday or Friday.

I'll post some pics of the EGR kit, especially when I get it.

The FTE resonator and muffler delete pipe are high-quality stainless and very impressed with the resonator quality.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Well, I figured I'd probably continue the same thread.

I ordered the MM3 Express option (30hp only) from DRD today and a Shibby plug kit; my FTE resonator is welded on the front-most pipe for my Flo Pro exhaust, as I know I'm going to use it.

After I get the tune installed (I don't plan on leaving MM3 plugged in; I want to flash it and call it good, especially since I only have one tune), I'll get my exhaust on, and then my shop down the road is nice enough to do the physical EGR delete for me, along with my GDP grid heater delete and their Mega Flo TVM (heater to throttle valve relocate).

I'll only start with the FTE resonator, but if the sound is too much, I can add the muffler that I purchased as I purchased the SS1874 kit with the muffler.

Trans relearn - take it easy and don't use Tow/Haul or EB during it, right?

Any other tips would be great as I don't commute, and I'm unloaded all the time, so no worries about towing.

Just going to be nice to take trips to the beach this summer with our family, living a 'low carb' lifestyle in the Cummins.

Btw, currently just over 24k miles, so not too much driving since I last checked in on this thread LOL.

I'm also 99% on regearing this thing to 3.73's, which is an investment, but I'm not exactly offloading anything with what's coming, just going to weather the storm.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thank you, Ray and DRD.

tracking received this morning on my order and looking forward to getting it installed.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Well, my MM3 and Shibby plug kit should be here today.

@DRD - just confirming if my speedo was recalibrated for the larger tires previously, flashing your tune wouldn't 'reset' it would it (and make me have to recalibrate again?)

And I may be regearing the truck to 3.73s, and I assume nothing would change for the tune as well?

I have AlfaOBD for those changes.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Well, my MM3 and Shibby plug kit should be here today.

@DRD - just confirming if my speedo was recalibrated for the larger tires previously, flashing your tune wouldn't 'reset' it would it (and make me have to recalibrate again?)

And I may be regearing the truck to 3.73s, and I assume nothing would change for the tune as well?

I have AlfaOBD for those changes.
    Installing the tuner and programming your truck will not affect what you've already done.

God bless,
    Ray
    DRD

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I figured as much but just confirming.

Wish me luck; my truck will love it!

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast