Thanks Thanks:  107
Likes Likes:  318
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It Has Begun - 2018 RAM 2500 "Low Carb" Lifestyle

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: It Has Begun - 2018 RAM 2500 "Low Carb" Lifestyle

MM3 Tuner and Shibby Plug kit received today.

There is a metal piece in the Shibby plug kit that goes on the DEF injector, maybe?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    MM3 Tuner and Shibby Plug kit received today.

There is a metal piece in the Shibby plug kit that goes on the DEF injector, maybe?
    Not sure about the metal piece?

On my 2014 Shibby kit, I know I ended up with four or five extra plugs that I never used.

The ones that I used were great and didn’t require any that didn’t come in the kit.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Oh, I'm sure the kit is complete.

I'm glad to have purchased it - I like to be clean on my installs, so plugging up the exposed ends and tucking them nicely in the frame will make me happy.

I'm sure I'll figure it out once I'm under there; I just was thinking aloud.

I'll try to put a pic- mine says 16 plug kit, so maybe that piece is newer than the 14 kit you had?

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Pulled my stock file, MM3 tuner plugged in and ready to go.

I have my truck on the charger tonight as I told another member, I either have to 'power through' to flash the truck and R&R the exhaust as we are leaving Friday AM for the beach.

So my beach trip is a lot of higher speed highway cruising and then just normal around town driving, about 170 miles worth one way, goes like this.

25ish miles of cruising, 50 miles of highway, few stoplights in between, then another 30 miles highway, some in town driving, and another 30-something miles with normal cruising below 60mph and stoplights.

Would this be ok for the transmission relearning?

And as far as I understand, NO exhaust brake and NO Tow/Haul usage for about 500 miles after the flash?

Is that accurate?

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Pulled my stock file, MM3 tuner plugged in and ready to go.

I have my truck on the charger tonight as I told another member, I either have to 'power through' to flash the truck and R&R the exhaust as we are leaving Friday AM for the beach.

So my beach trip is a lot of higher speed highway cruising and then just normal around town driving, about 170 miles worth one way, goes like this.

25ish miles of cruising, 50 miles of highway, few stoplights in between, then another 30 miles highway, some in town driving, and another 30-something miles with normal cruising below 60mph and stoplights.

Would this be ok for the transmission relearning?

And as far as I understand, NO exhaust brake and NO Tow/Haul usage for about 500 miles after the flash?

Is that accurate?
    You should be fine, keep in mind the highway miles will not count towards your relearn time.

I recommend using the 30HP tune, no towing, exhaust brake, or tow-haul, and keeping the throttle under 50%.

See attached for further guidance.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

9. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, fordmanmike73 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I just did a transmission relearn and left it in the 30hp setting and drove it for 2 weeks with 25 to 30% TP

everything worked out perfect for the relearn process

With that being said, my CVI for the OD is 20...

Shop ordered a new aftermarket drum as well with thinner tolerance clutches to improve the numbers

I'll have yet another relearn process next week... Yay me

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

11. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

30hp tune is all I bought.

I basically drive like a grandma anyway so I'll take it easy for the next 2-3 tanks of fuel - no EB and no T/H for the time being @corkey what year is your truck, how many miles towing etc for the CVI on OD being 20?

All my miles (25k) are nontowing and driving like a grandma.

I hope I don't need a built trans someday, guys on the other forum are hot shotting with just regular maintenance on the 68RFE.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

30hp tune is all I bought.

I basically drive like a grandma anyway so I'll take it easy for the next 2-3 tanks of fuel - no EB and no T/H for the time being @corkey what year is your truck, how many miles towing etc for the CVI on OD being 20?

All my miles (25k) are nontowing and driving like a grandma.

I hope I don't need a built trans someday, guys on the other forum are hot shotting with just regular maintenance on the 68RFE.
    I don't have anything to tow YET but coming.

The issue with my OD numbers is, that the guy installs them on the tighter tolerances, the clutches need to be a few thousand thinner, and or the drum had something wonky with it.

I have a 08 2500, with 203k.

The 68RFE have pros an cons.

If I recall, the older dodge vans either had the same transmission or its the same drum as what we run in our rigs.

They are a hit and miss when they will last vs break down on you.

If you start to beef it up via, thermal bypass, revmax valve body, triple disc converter, a solid drum, double sided friction disc's, billet input shafts, and get higher line pressure on the trans "less slip = less heat" you will get much more out of it with out a doubt.

I don't see how some of our members can afford some of the tranny's and or swaps but i want to know LOL.

Theres a fellow member who did a Alison conversion on his that has caught my attention.

I use to have the VGT set up, but I went with the 2nd gen set up for cooler EGT and a actuator issues down the road.

The relearn process had nothing to do with the OD numbers being low if that's what you're asking.

Its just my luck

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, fordmanmike73 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Well, you give me some comfort with 203k on a 68RFE.

I only have 25k miles on mine so I should be ok for the long haul.

The second battery is charging as we speak, then I'll pull the stock file one more time before flashing, and then it's on to unplugging and removing exhaust!

Wish me luck as I have to get it done before I leave for the beach Friday AM, no pressure between working, and chasing a toddler around, and making sure I don't annoy my wife in the process LMAO (she drives a deleted BMW diesel so she is a true diesel lover!)

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, fordmanmike73 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by corkey View Post
    I just did a transmission relearn and left it in the 30hp setting and drove it for 2 weeks with 25 to 30% TP

everything worked out perfect for the relearn process

With that being said, my CVI for the OD is 20...

Shop ordered a new aftermarket drum as well with thinner tolerance clutches to improve the numbers

I'll have yet another relearn process next week... Yay me
    That's a little tight for OD.

Do you have any shift issues on the 3-4 upshift?

What's your UD CVI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast