Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Tuner Issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tuner Issues

Have 2013 RAM; I had it deleted a little over a year ago.

When I first got it done, it had a bad lope when driving at lower RPMs using an EFI Live tuner with an 80 horse tune.

I took it back to the guy who installed it; he said he had EFI Live and sent him a new tune.

After he installed he said it was shifting very hard, so he supposedly installed a Bully Dog tune and told me to come to get it.

So now, my exhaust brake hasn't worked since, and my push-button start also doesn't work now.

The lope is gone and seems to run Ok.

I am so wondering if a new tuner would fix my issues?

And at this point, the ECM is Vin locked.

Any advice would be great

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tuner Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Jase83 View Post
    Have 2013 RAM; I had it deleted a little over a year ago.

When I first got it done, it had a bad lope when driving at lower RPMs using an EFI Live tuner with an 80 horse tune.

I took it back to the guy who installed it; he said he had EFI Live and sent him a new tune.

After he installed he said it was shifting very hard, so he supposedly installed a Bully Dog tune and told me to come to get it.

So now, my exhaust brake hasn't worked since, and my push-button start also doesn't work now.

The lope is gone and seems to run Ok.

I am so wondering if a new tuner would fix my issues?

And at this point, the ECM is Vin locked.

Any advice would be great
    If you are not seeing any trouble codes, the exhaust brake not working could be tune-related.

On the engine start button not working, I would suspect the button assembly.

If it were me I would find a reputable, trusted tuner to write a custom tune.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The check engine light is on, not sure what codes it has.

The EFI Live tune story is a long one, but when it was first done and had the lope issue, it worked fine; when the lope issue was fixed, it stopped working.

The engine start issue is with the key fob, and it will start run for about 10 seconds and die.

The actual button on the dash works fine.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for clarifying, the reason the remote start is not working correctly is that you have trouble codes, so that is normal.

I would pull the codes and see if you have any turbo/actuator codes.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post