Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  130
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Filters - Docs Diesel

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel Filters - Docs Diesel

Has anyone tried fuel filters from docs filters?

I was looking at the kit for front and back filters.

It is almost half the price then Genos Garage.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Fuel Filters - Docs Diesel

Following this, first time hearing about them and wondering about the quality.

Reviews look good.

https://www.docsdiesel.com/collections/6-7-cummins

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel Filters - Docs Diesel

So I emailed them they said the filters are 3 microns.

I asked what brand they were; they said Docs Diesel Brand.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that i read somewhere that micron filter ratings are slightly unconventionally graded.

They are rated by what percentage of a particular size particle is caught by the filter. e.g., a 3-micron filter will still allow a 5-micron particle to pass, but fewer than a 5-micron filter would.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badger2078 View Post
    So correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that i read somewhere that micron filter ratings are slightly unconventionally graded.

They are rated by what percentage of a particular size particle is caught by the filter. e.g., a 3-micron filter will still allow a 5-micron particle to pass, but fewer than a 5-micron filter would.
    Yes, you are correct.

There are absolute and nominal micron ratings.

See this link for more information:

https://www.qualityhydraulics.com/bl...filter-ratings

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Yes, you are correct.

There are absolute and nominal micron ratings. See this link for more information: https://www.qualityhydraulics.com/bl...filter-ratings

Thanks, bud.

I suppose I can try the filters out.

I'll be putting nozzles in the truck in a couple of weeks anyway.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

I installed Doc’s fuel filters about a month ago, and it didn’t seem like there was much different from the Mopar filters.

They are not made in the USA, which I found out after I ordered them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Sadly - Very Few filters are made in the USA now.

I started running Luber-Finer (Champion Labs) filters - 2 years ago.

Champ Labs - makes ALOT of Oil Filters / Fuel Filters / Air Filters for some of the Major Brands for alot less $$$.

L6806FXL - Up Front

LFF5106 - Back (Water Separator) - along with the Donaldson Blue DBF5814 (Spin On) filter.

There are now hundreds of filter options for the 6.7L - but unfortunately (Quality) is far & few! ---> Injectors & Fuel Pumps are NOT Cheap!

Still, I'm trying to find (ACTUAL) white paper data showing the Fleetguard / Mopar front filter is a 3 micron @ 99% Absolute.

Sorry - Not Gullible enough to believe - Print on the side of the box!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Sadly - Very Few filters are made in the USA now.

I started running Luber-Finer (Champion Labs) filters - 2 years ago.

L6806FXL - Up Front

LFF5106 - Back (Water Separator) - along with the Donaldson Blue DBF5814 (Spin On) filter.

There are now hundreds of filter options for the 6.7L - but unfortunately (Quality) is far & few! ---> Injectors & Fuel Pumps are NOT Cheap!

Still, I'm trying to find (ACTUAL) white paper data showing the Fleetguard / Mopar front filter is a 3 micron @ 99% Absolute.

Sorry - Not Gullible enough to believe - Print on the side of the box!
    @SyN Do you have specs on these filters?

I looked on the Champion Labs/Luber-Finer website and was unable to locate specs.

It looks like they have a plant in my town, Shelby Township.

2015 / RAM / 2500 CTD-68RFE-4wd / 3.42 / stock tire size / Silver / Bighorn

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by z28-50 View Post
    @SyN Do you have specs on these filters?

I looked on the Champion Labs/Luber-Finer website and was unable to locate specs.

It looks like they have a plant in my town, Shelby Township.
    Honestly I have NO White Paper Data on the (Champion Labs) Luber-Finer fuel filters.

I called & talked to (Greg) a Rep - a couple years ago.
    Take this with a grain of Salt - but after talking with him for about 15 min - I accepted his info he was sharing - Note --> Very Few Filter companies will even share.
    TRUTHFUL filter filtering info @ 99% Absolute! - They might share the Nominal - but very few will give their 99% Absolute.

Donaldson is the Gem in the group - They are not afraid to share @ 99% Absolute Value. (Not 92% or 94% or 97% but 99%)

Greg told me the L6806FXL was a 5 Micron @ 99% absolute media.
    The Rear Water Separator - LFF5106 was a 20-25 micron @ 99% absolute media.

My Additional (Spin-On) Donaldson Blue DBF5814 is a True Actual 4 Micron @ 99% absolute Media.

Without going to a FASS or Air Dog Filters - I don't know if you can find a TRUE/ACTUAL 2-3 Micron @ 99% Absolute fuel filter = With actual white paper data (proving it)!

I'm not familiar enough to comment on CAT fuel filters - but I know the New Fuel Filter testing methods are proving them not to be as advertised.

I'm a fan of the Fleetguard/Mopar Filters - but not the way overinflated pricing!
    I do know the Champion Labs - produces many fuel filters & oil filters for other Major Name Brand Companies.

I know many might not care to add additional filters or system to their fuel system - but go out of their way to bad mouth those who do!
    Those Opinions or Thoughts are NO Concern of Mine!
    (Just Remember just because Some Do It & YOU Don't) --> Does Not Make them Wrong!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast