Likes Likes:  130

Thread: Fuel Filters - Docs Diesel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel Filters - Docs Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Sadly - Very Few filters are made in the USA now.

I started running Luber-Finer (Champion Labs) filters - 2 years ago.

L6806FXL - Up Front

LFF5106 - Back (Water Separator) - along with the Donaldson Blue DBF5814 (Spin On) filter.

There are now hundreds of filter options for the 6.7L - but unfortunately (Quality) is far & few! ---> Injectors & Fuel Pumps are NOT Cheap!

Still, I'm trying to find (ACTUAL) white paper data showing the Fleetguard / Mopar front filter is a 3 micron @ 99% Absolute.

Sorry - Not Gullible enough to believe - Print on the side of the box!
    @SyN Do you have specs on these filters?

I looked on the Champion Labs/Luber-Finer website and was unable to locate specs.

It looks like they have a plant in my town, Shelby Township.

2015 / RAM / 2500 CTD-68RFE-4wd / 3.42 / stock tire size / Silver / Bighorn

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel Filters - Docs Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by z28-50 View Post
    @SyN Do you have specs on these filters?

I looked on the Champion Labs/Luber-Finer website and was unable to locate specs.

It looks like they have a plant in my town, Shelby Township.
    Honestly I have NO White Paper Data on the (Champion Labs) Luber-Finer fuel filters.

I called & talked to (Greg) a Rep - a couple years ago.
    Take this with a grain of Salt - but after talking with him for about 15 min - I accepted his info he was sharing - Note --> Very Few Filter companies will even share.
    TRUTHFUL filter filtering info @ 99% Absolute! - They might share the Nominal - but very few will give their 99% Absolute.

Donaldson is the Gem in the group - They are not afraid to share @ 99% Absolute Value. (Not 92% or 94% or 97% but 99%)

Greg told me the L6806FXL was a 5 Micron @ 99% absolute media.
    The Rear Water Separator - LFF5106 was a 20-25 micron @ 99% absolute media.

My Additional (Spin-On) Donaldson Blue DBF5814 is a True Actual 4 Micron @ 99% absolute Media.

Without going to a FASS or Air Dog Filters - I don't know if you can find a TRUE/ACTUAL 2-3 Micron @ 99% Absolute fuel filter = With actual white paper data (proving it)!

I'm not familiar enough to comment on CAT fuel filters - but I know the New Fuel Filter testing methods are proving them not to be as advertised.

I'm a fan of the Fleetguard/Mopar Filters - but not the way overinflated pricing!
    I do know the Champion Labs - produces many fuel filters & oil filters for other Major Name Brand Companies.

I know many might not care to add additional filters or system to their fuel system - but go out of their way to bad mouth those who do!
    Those Opinions or Thoughts are NO Concern of Mine!
    (Just Remember just because Some Do It & YOU Don't) --> Does Not Make them Wrong!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541