Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: P2263 CEL

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P2263 CEL

I just got done taking a 1000 mile road trip with my 2015 2500 with a 7500lb trailer.

The truck has all the emissions equipment, and the tuning from ATS piggybacked off a stealth module.

I put the OEM tune in before the trip, but somewhere i guess the file got corrupted.

The truck started to run hotter than expected, about 30 miles from our destination; I pulled up the EZ Lynk and saw the EGR valve wasn't closing, and the DPF had built up a soot level.

I reflashed the truck with their 75hp tune, fixed the DPF issues, the truck burned it all out, and the EGR valve started acting correctly.

Everything cooled back off.

On the way home, there was a high pitch squeal during one of the instances we were using the engine brake.

I went away when the engine brake turned off, and it was just the one time.

I pulled the codes, and the only one was the p2263 code, but i never got a CEL, the truck was never down on boost, and the mileage was standard, as were the EGT.

The turbos suspect to inspection, is there anything else that would trigger that code with no CEL?

The truck only has 120k miles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1974 GMC C20- 12 valve, Borg Warner S480 over S362SXE, 7mm delivery valves, 5x.012 injectors, 4k gov springs.
    2015 Ram 2500 CCSB- EZ Lynk ATS tuned, 5"DPF back pipe, ats 2 piece exhaust manifold

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P2263 CEL

Very odd, you should have got a check engine light with the P2263 trouble code.

I have attached a copy from Mopar Tech Authority that lists a couple of other possible causes for this code.

For now, I would clear the code and see if it returns.

P2263.pdf

Note: You may receive a broken link message if you download this attachment from Tapatalk with an Android device.

If anyone has success downloading with Tapatalk and Android devices, please let us know as the newer version of Tapatalk may have fixed this ongoing issue.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, druff liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you for the tech page; I didn't think about an exhaust restriction causing the turbo to decrease performance.

I'm going to try the old tried and accurate method of the Italian tune-up; I don't think the turbos are hurting (still going to inspect it for excessive play); it still makes 35PSI and is just as responsive as ever.

I'm sure the exhaust still has some soot built up from the EGR valve is open more than it should've been.

It's about to get deleted; every issue I've had in the 8k miles I've owned the truck has been related to the emissions system in one way or another.

I mean to be fair, if the truck thought it was about to self-destruct, it'd be dinging and flashing that CEL at me.

1974 GMC C20- 12 valve, Borg Warner S480 over S362SXE, 7mm delivery valves, 5x.012 injectors, 4k gov springs.
    2015 Ram 2500 CCSB- EZ Lynk ATS tuned, 5"DPF back pipe, ats 2 piece exhaust manifold

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

An update!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this turbo.

However, I have noticed on ATS' tuning that they keep the vanes closed.

I guess to spin the turbo up and create a boost without using extra fuel.

Now I wonder if the ECM is seeing such a difference between the boost and drive pressure and is throwing the code but not the light.

One begins to wonder if these trucks are too smart for their good sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post