Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  17

Thread: Economy Spool Vs Stock

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Economy Spool Vs Stock

Hi everyone.

I've been doing some digging around on here and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

What I'm wondering is: Does the Economy spool setting on the RaceME Ultra spool faster or slower than the stock setting?

I'm aware of the difference between Economy, Mild, and Quick spool.

I do not know where stock fits in at.

Does economy spool slightly faster than stock or slower than stock for more "economy"?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Economy Spool Vs Stock

What are guys using for this setting?

(Stock, Economy Spool, Mild Spool, and Quick Spool.)

Are there any issues using quick spool (hazards) things to watch for?

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

No personal experience yet, but from what I’ve read, the quicker spool settings spool faster because the actuator moves the vains in or ou,t not sure which, but it will have more backpressure as a result.

So it will lessen the turbo lag, but you might take a fuel mileage hit on the highway, and all that backpressure probably isn’t great if you punch it to the floor.

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So my update on this now that I’ve actually installed my RaceME

I run on the quick spool all the time because the economy spool has the vains closed further and I don’t like the whistle idle.

I’ve found no difference on vain position once you get moving but economy spool actually seems to spool faster than the quick spool puttering around town.

I made a thread asking if this was normal earlier today. It appears to be exactly opposite of what I said earlier in this thread.

8. Thanks Roberto Fisherman thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Economy Spool Vs Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BMR2013 View Post
    So my update on this now that I’ve actually installed my RaceME

I run on the quick spool all the time because the economy spool has the vains closed further and I don’t like the whistle idle.

I’ve found no difference on vain position once you get moving but economy spool actually seems to spool faster than the quick spool puttering around town.

I made a thread asking if this was normal earlier today. It appears to be exactly opposite of what I said earlier in this thread.
    Not sure if you have seen this post, but seems to agree with your theory, thought you may find it interesting.

Economy, Mild or Quick Spool?

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...or-quick-spool

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.