Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: RaceME Ultra Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra Tuning

So I bought a raceme ultra, and when I go to program the ECM, it comes up with these two options.

None of the videos on YouTube show this screen, so I'm confused about which one to select.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Tuning

You bought a box tune RaceME or a RaceME with warp tuning?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have no idea, LOL.

I assume it is just the box tune.

I didn't pay for any additional warp tuning.

I'm brand new to all this, so I'm kind of retarded.

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, BigSkyMunitions liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm not familiar with the RaceME, but I had the MM3, the Shift On The Fly tuning.

One is WITH trans tuning, and one is WITHOUT trans tuning.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

2010 Cummins Ram Bighorn 6.7L, SWBCC, MM3 tuner, S464 turbo, Fleece exhaust brake, full 5" MBRP exhaust, Revmax zero flex billet valve body, Firestone rear airbags with Airlift compressor, 20x10 XD's, 305/55/20 Falken Wildpeak xt3, Skyjacker softride 2.5" lift coils, Carli control arms and adjustable track bar, custom front and rear bumpers

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That makes sense.

NT would be no trans tuning?

WT would be With trans tuning?

Thank you!

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

No problem.

I hope it helped, and as @Badger2078 said, it's most likely box tuning on the RaceME.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

2010 Cummins Ram Bighorn 6.7L, SWBCC, MM3 tuner, S464 turbo, Fleece exhaust brake, full 5" MBRP exhaust, Revmax zero flex billet valve body, Firestone rear airbags with Airlift compressor, 20x10 XD's, 305/55/20 Falken Wildpeak xt3, Skyjacker softride 2.5" lift coils, Carli control arms and adjustable track bar, custom front and rear bumpers

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I am doing a relearn after adding new hardware and updating custom tunes from DRD.

The custom tunes, including trans tunes, were sent via sim card and installed.

Now that I have a trans tune flashed into the ECM, what setting do I need to have in the RaceMe Ultra tuner?

For example = RaceME Manual = "Transmission: Tuning for the transmission. These are full transmission tunes. The upgrades are as follows:

Raised line pressure, Increased shift firmness, Changed WOT shift points, High gearshift delay (prevent shift out and lugging at low speeds). The settings are: No Tuning – does NOT tune transmission, Stock Transmission – trans tune for an unmodified transmission (185psimax), Aftermarket Transmission- trans tune for a modified transmission (225psi max). If you do not see the transmission option, it is not currently available for your transmission."

Do I need to do anything, as it is flashed into the ECM???

( I checked my settings in Customize tuning, it was already in = ( Transmission: After market Transmission ) when I click onto it for settings, it just shows the same, so it looks like the trans tune is already baked into the ECM, and there was nothing left for me to do except check that it was in the "After market Transmission" position and it is).

Update: another way of checking if the trans tune has loaded properly and if anything else is required, (as far as settings go in the RaceMe Ultra menu), just look at the RaceMe Ultra display and look for Trans line pressure, ( if you have that as one of your display options). Mine was well over 225 PSI, so you know that the trans tune is working!!

Long story short, for my installation, I did not have to do anything, including the trans menu options in the RaceMe Ultra, DRD had it all dialed in. ( for peace of mind it's always good to check).

One thing I wanted to point out is my trans temp went up to 183 for one of my relearn drives, it is back down to where it normally is. The trans oil is full and a clear red. (Maybe just a bit hotter than normal for a short period of time going through the relearn, is my guess).

Thx

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

In my RaceME menu settings, I noticed that it reads, "In order to save the changes you made in these menus, you need to send them also to the ECM".

My question is, when sending info like this to the ECM, is a relearn required?

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Fisherman View Post
    In my RaceME menu settings, I noticed that it reads, "In order to save the changes you made in these menus, you need to send them also to the ECM".

My question is, when sending info like this to the ECM, is a relearn required?
    No.

Unless you go through the whole 5-10 minute writing the ECM process loading a different tune into the truck then you don't have to do a relearn.

2011 3500 SRW Laramie 4×4, 68RFE with billet valvebody. 6.7HO with S&B intake, 5" exhaust, ARP headstuds, Industrial Injection R1 injectors, Fass 165, RaceMe Ultra tuned by DRD, Bilstein shocks, reverse leveled on 285/65/18 Nitto G2s and Raceline wheels, traction bars, B&W gooseneck hitch, Kicker audio, Morimoto and GTR lighting, Uniden R7.