Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 68RFE - 2018 RAM 2500

1. Top Of Page | #1

68RFE - 2018 RAM 2500

I have a 2018 RAM 2500 with 37,500 miles on it.

I’m going to be changing the transmission fluid, filters, and pan at 40,000 miles.

I’m also very likely to replace the valve body with a Revmax Zeroflex as basically a preventative measure.

I use my truck for towing my travel trailer.

My main complaint with the transmission is it’s rapid to upshift and slow to downshift out of the overdrive gears.

When I tow, I use tow-haul and lockout 6th, and it’s not too bad then.

The truck is completely stock and will likely delete it in the future if and when emission-related issues arise.

I would like everyone’s thoughts on transmission tuning and valve body upgrades.

I would like tunes that would hold gears longer, so the engine isn’t always lugging.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE

Trans tuning will help the 68RFE racing to 6th issue. Your trans will need to be tuned for the valve body anyway in order to have the added fluid pressure capabilities.

With my revmax VB and trans tuning, I see 225-250 trans pressure (depending on what hp power tune and accelerator pedal location) and my truck wont shift into 6th until 55 mph and it holds the gears a little longer than stock shift pattern.

When towing, I manually downshift when pulling big hills otherwise the truck wont ever downshift (turbo spools and it just keeps pulling)

When you do the trans filter oil and pan also add the thermo bypass, keeps trans temps nice and cool when towing.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Likes watersupply189, chkustom liked this post