Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Pedal Hiss

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Pedal Hiss

I'm getting a mild hiss from the brake booster area.

It cuts out whenever I press on the brake or turn the steering wheel.

Any ideas?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Pedal Hiss

Replace the upper tubing.

There is a nylon liner in there that slips its position and slides inside the hydraulic brake unit.

You can verify by removing the line from the brake unit, and you will see a clear plastic liner.

Some people pull them out and done.

I replaced the whole line myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, dodgemark liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Rock on, thanks.

I am trying to get this fixed because I have a trip coming up this weekend where i will be towing our SxS for 3+ hours in one direction.

It's WAY under the weight our trucks can handle (trailer included), but always in the case of emergencies, I want FULL braking power, exhaust brake, and tranny downshifting correctly.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    I'm getting a mild hiss from the brake booster area.

It cuts out whenever I press on the brake or turn the steering wheel.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with my 2011 about four years ago, I just removed the Teflon liner and reconnected the hose, and it's been fine since then.

There was another thread going about this, and some of the newer trucks have a different hose design, but if yours is the same as my 2011, you can probably remove the liner.

Two videos in the other thread address this problem.

One shows removing the liner and reusing the old hose, and the other replaces the hose.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...581#post213581

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DPF delete pipe, EGR delete. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post