Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  56
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CenTex Newbie - 2018 RAM 2500 Mega Cab

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

CenTex Newbie - 2018 RAM 2500 Mega Cab

Howdy, all!

I live in the Killeen area north of Austin, Tx.

I was a Marine (Infantry) and then went to Texas A&M for my bachelor's in military history with a minor in business, an associate's in business, and another in accounting.

My wife is a veterinarian and also went to A&M for the DVM program, where we met.

We have 3 dogs, and our first little boy is on the way.

I'm a small business owner of a manufacturer of firearms and have a SOT, and I specialize in machine guns and night vision manufacture and training.

Still, I also do a decent amount of civilian work and build semi-autos and civilian night vision sales and rentals of full-autos and NV.

I used to be very into cars and am starting to get back into them now that my wife and I are done school, working, and have our own house with enough room to do car stuff.

I have a 2018 RAM 2500 Mega Cab with the 6.7L I purchased a few years ago, my first diesel truck.

It just ticked over the warranty mileage (I drive a lot all over the country for work), so I am starting to get into the rabbit hole doing some mods and whatnot on her.

I also have a 1954 F100 I am restoring that my great uncle repurchased new way when so it has a good family history and only has a couple of thousand miles; unfortunately, it sat in a barn for almost 50 years before I got it, so it needs some work plus got pretty beat up as a farm truck while it was in service.

I also have a 2000 Ford Lightning that is being completely rebuilt and reworked (by me) that had 773 horsepower at the wheels before I started rebuilding it a couple of years ago.

My property vehicle is an 89 Jeep YJ that I feel an R2.8 Cummins swap coming someday, but it just has the little 4 banger in it and an exhaust leak.

My RAM I have an S&B CAI, full delete kit, MM3, and 5" turbo-back exhaust to put on it over the next few weeks.

Being my primary vehicle (with a kid coming), it will have to stay relatively mild, but I do have a few more mods in mind for it over the next couple of years.

I was unaware of what was going on in the car world (especially diesels) since I haven't been big into cars for the last few years, so there is a ton of new rules I was unfamiliar with.

My dad's old diesel (that I grew up in) was a square body Ford 7.3, so even the DEF I thought was a joke when we picked out my new RAM.

I think that covers it, looking forward to chatting and learning in here a bit!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks!

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome friend!

Impressive history there.

Glad to have ya here and jump down deep into the rabbit hole.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310