Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Grid Heater Delete - Questions?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Grid Heater Delete - Questions?

I got the Banks intake plate without the grid heater so I can get better airflow.

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if anyone has ever installed glow plugs into your Bank's intake to give you still a heater but not be so restrictive on airflow BD diesel also has a heater element that can be installed!

I am just trying to get better airflow but also keep the engine light off!

The system has to sense a draw on the batteries when a cold starts or will bring on the light!

If someone has done this, I would really like to know what you used to do it!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Grid Heater Delete - Questions?

Intake Horn Banks A "Hole"

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...quot-Hole-quot

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Let's Go BRANDON!!! Patriot MotorSports's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Grid Heater Delete - Questions?

So here goes my first post.

I thought I would help some of you save some money and better understand the intake heater coils.

The one sold by both BD and Banks is the exact OEM part found on Ford Powerstroke Diesel trucks for decades.

I except they are charging you nearly DOUBLE what it costs to buy from Summit Racing ($53), Amazon ($45), or even your local NAPA Auto Parts for $68.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NEDAIH101

Happy to help!

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 8.45.39 AM.jpg