Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Fault Codes After Changing Tire Size / Tire Pressure Threshold

1. Top Of Page | #1

Fault Codes After Changing Tire Size / Tire Pressure Threshold

HELP!!!

HEY GUYS,

So I just changed my tire size and pressure thresholds on my 2020 RAM 2500 using OBDLink and AlfaOBD app.

Every video I watched was supposed to be a piece of cake with no fault codes afterward.

So now I got various codes to go with the engine light: BRAKE, ABS, 4X4.

What did the heck happen?

I cleared the faults, but as soon as I restart the truck, they all come back.

I am so dang frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Roland

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fault Codes After Changing Tire Size / Tire Pressure Threshold

Quote Originally Posted by Rolldawg View Post
    HELP!!!

HEY GUYS,

So I just changed my tire size and pressure thresholds on my 2020 RAM 2500 using OBDLink and AlfaOBD app.

Every video I watched was supposed to be a piece of cake with no fault codes afterward.

So now I got various codes to go with the engine light: BRAKE, ABS, 4X4.

What did the heck happen?

I cleared the faults, but as soon as I restart the truck, they all come back.

I am so dang frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Roland
    I have not tried to adjust tire size and pressure with Alfa ODB.

If I needed to, I would probably use the MM3.

I know you have to be super careful with Alfa ODB; only change one item at a time and keep a record of the original settings so you can restore them.

I would start by restoring the original tire size and then the pressure exactly as it was and see if the codes go away.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Yeah, good advice.

I may try that but I have a feeling I'm going to end up having to take it to the damn Dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post

I have not tried to adjust tire size and pressure with Alfa ODB.

If I needed to, I would probably use the MM3.

I know you have to be super careful with Alfa ODB; only change one item at a time and keep a record of the original settings so you can restore them.

I would start by restoring the original tire size and then the pressure exactly as it was and see if the codes go away.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

I watched a dozen videos on using OBDLink MX+, and AlfaOBD and no of them said anything about getting fault codes after making these same changes on tire size and pressure.

I wonder if this may be because my truck is in 2020, while most of those videos were for 2019 or older.

2020 RAM 2500 (4X4), 6.7L CUMMINS; S&S DIESEL CP3 HPFP CONVERSION; 6" BDS RADIAL ARM LIFT; 37" NITTO GRAPPLERS; BANKS MONSTER RAM; BANKS COLD AIR INTAKE; BANKS INTERCOOLER TUBES; REVMAX HD BILLET VALVE BODY; EDGE CTS3; BD DEEP PAN AND TERMOSTAT BYPASS.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Are you able to permanently clear the codes after returning the tire size and pressure to stock?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post