Likes Likes:  124
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 RAM 2500 Oil Pressure Sensor

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 RAM 2500 Oil Pressure Sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Compton View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet.

I called the dodge house here and ordered another sensor.

One hundred sixty-six dollars, and this is my last attempt; if it fails, I'm going mechanical.

I hope this one works for you.

Boy, they sure are proud of their sensors.
    So, do we get what we pay for?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I hope this one works for you.

Boy, they sure are proud of their sensors.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hey Bob.

I haven't gotten around to install it yet, but tomorrow for sure.

I'm sure it will work just fine as we aren't towing with it, and we are back to using the 98 Cummins 1 ton.

We used my 3/4 since the 98 was down due to the 5th gear nut, but all is good now.

I'm sure the sensor will work just fine, and it only blows out when pulling heavy loads.

Pretty strange.

The next time we pull heavy, I will update.

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

4. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

And just for anyone's information.

The oil sensor from @Geno's Garage was precisely the same as the one from the dodge dealership.

So I can say that you can pay $84.33 including tax from Geno, or you can pay $180 including tax from the dealership.

Exact part number on both.

Same part.

What a rip!

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

6. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I am bringing this back alive.

I am having the same issue.

3 cracked oil sensors in less than 800 miles towing heavy.

Was there ever a solution to this problem?

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrRand5 View Post
    I am bringing this back alive.

I am having the same issue.

3 cracked oil sensors in less than 800 miles towing heavy.

Was there ever a solution to this problem?
    We were only using this truck as a backup to a 2nd gen 1 ton, and she hasn't broken down for a while now, knock on wood.

So I haven't been towing with it.

I never found a solution, and I know that if I use it to tow, it will happen again.

I was towing pretty heavy for a 3/4 ton; maybe that had something to do with it.

I'm sure we were over what it's rated for; we were pulling 25000 pounds, but I ordered a bolt to put in the spot of the sensor and will bypass that sensor if I use it again.

I'll keep an eye on oil temps.

10. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

We were only using this truck as a backup to a 2nd gen 1 ton, and she hasn't broken down for a while now, knock on wood.

So I haven't been towing with it.

I never found a solution, and I know that if I use it to tow, it will happen again.

I was towing pretty heavy for a 3/4 ton; maybe that had something to do with it.

I'm sure we were over what it's rated for; we were pulling 25000 pounds, but I ordered a bolt to put in the spot of the sensor and will bypass that sensor if I use it again.

I'll keep an eye on oil temps.
    Thank you for the response.

My truck is a 3500 dually, built for over 30,000lbs.

I am hauling a 26,000lbs fifth wheel toy hauler, same issue.

I did install a Pacbrake oil relocate kit before these issues started.

I wonder if that is building pressure by this sensor for some reason and causing it to fail.

Any chance you have a relocation kit on your truck?

I also wonder if the oil pressure relief valve is a potential problem for us.

I am trying a napa sensor (3 Mopar ones failed) with hopes the issue does not repeat itself but also of the opinion it likely will.

I think to be safe, when and if I get home with this truck, I will block that hole off with a bolt and install a gauge to monitor the actual pressure in the truck.

I wonder if I can install a sensor that will talk to the MM3 allowing me to set alarms around the pressure and temperature.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thank you for the response.

My truck is a 3500 dually, built for over 30,000lbs.

I am hauling a 26,000lbs fifth wheel toy hauler, same issue.

I did install a Pacbrake oil relocate kit before these issues started.

I wonder if that is building pressure by this sensor for some reason and causing it to fail.

Any chance you have a relocation kit on your truck?

I also wonder if the oil pressure relief valve is a potential problem for us.

I am trying a napa sensor (3 Mopar ones failed) with hopes the issue does not repeat itself but also of the opinion it likely will.

I think to be safe, when I get home with this truck, I will block that hole off with a bolt and install a gauge to monitor the actual pressure in the truck.

I wonder if I can install a sensor that will talk to the MM3 allowing me to set alarms around the pressure and temperature.
    Same here as I have the relocation kit too.

That might be the problem, it has to be.

With yours being a 3500 and pulling more weight, that's not the issue.

I know the relief valve you're talking about, but I've spoken with several Cummins guys who hardly fail or go bad.

I was going to run a mechanical gauge on mine; if I did put one on it not sure about MM3 and oil sensors.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Same here as I have the relocation kit too.

That might be the problem, it has to be.

With yours being a 3500 and pulling more weight, that's not the issue.

I know the relief valve you're talking about, but I've spoken with several Cummins guys who hardly fail or go bad.

I was going to run a mechanical gauge on mine; if I did put one on it not sure about MM3 and oil sensors.
    Well, it looks like we are getting somewhere here.

Any chance yours is Pacbrake?

Maybe towing really heavy with this installed is an issue.

My failures started on my first tow after I installed this.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I found this.

There is another person with the same issue, oil relocation kit was the issue, only when towing heavy.

Filter relocation - I wouldn't | DODGE RAM FORUM (ramforumz.com)

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Well, it looks like we are getting somewhere here.

Any chance yours is Pacbrake?

Maybe towing really heavy with this installed is an issue.

My failures started on my first tow after I installed this.
    Yes, I have Pacbrake.

I think we are on to something.

I never towed mine with stock oil filter placement so I thought it was something with the truck.

Are you going to go back to stock by chance?

If you do let me know the results.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast