How are the compass and radio/sound volume related?

Like same plug or something?

Here is what I’m trying to track down and fix.

I have a 2014 3500 Laramie with almost 100k miles.

This has started in the last week.

My radio and compass work just fine when I start up in the mornings, showing up on my dash and Uconnect screen.

Then at any time, I lose sound, and shortly after, the compass has lines where the direction is, and the little clock in the dash is just dashing.

I can turn the volume up or down, and the indicator on the screen shows the level, but there is no change in the volume.

It impacts all inputs and sources (sat, USB, FM, am, sd card).

The screen still looks like all is fine with no errors other than the direction is gone.

Navi works fine, but no sound.

Sometimes when it happens, it stays like that for 2 min or 10 min or longer.

Sometimes it comes back and goes away again.

Turning off the truck and restarting does not help.

Today, when I start the truck, after sitting for a while, the compass and radio work for about 2 minutes, then it’s off and does not come back.

I’ve read my batter may be going bad.

I’ve replaced them once when one went died completely and did not have this issue.

Read about a fuse f52-batt sensor might be bad, but not sure how that impacts the volume only and not all electronics.

Seen the factory reset uconnect thing as well.

I updated to get the external modem for 5g, which has been completed for a few months.

No issue.

I do have a dongle that splits the OBD2 port for that adapter and my m3 gauge cluster.

Again nothing on the M3 indicates it is having a communication or power issue.

The only odd thing that happened before this was a month ago when pulling my camper and stopping for fuel; on restated, the exhaust brake and tow-haul button were dark, and pressing the buttons did not turn on or change status.

After a mile or so, everything came on fine and worked.

It did this a couple of times on that trip but hadn't, and I have towed the same camper a couple more times after that with no issue.

My current issue is without a trailer connected.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

-Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro