Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Warning!!!!!! Warning!!!! Pass it on

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Warning!!!!!! Warning!!!! Pass it on

Add a bushing or a couple orings on your dip stick. That is until you need to check your fluid!

We walked out from the store today and saw a big puddle under the truck. It was red and so I focused i
    On the trans. I found it dripping from the trans pan on the pass side. My fear was something inside chipped or broke and went through the pan. I had it towed to my cousin's shop and we pulled the pan and cleaned it. My cousin and I were shocked by what we found. The dip stick had worn clean through my transmission pan.

I have a 2012 auto 68 trans

I guess it was just time to change the filter. We mig welded a tiny bead and painted the outside of the pan. I'll update if anything else changes.

IMG_20210825_170120195_HDR.jpg

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Warning!!!!!! Warning!!!! Pass it on

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    Add a bushing or a couple orings on your dip stick until.you.need to check your fluid!

We walked out from the store today and saw a puddle under the truck. Found red fluid dripping from the trans pan.
    My fear was something inside chipped or broke and went through the pan. I had it towed to my cousin's shop. We pulled the pan and cleaned it. My cousin and I were shocked by what we found. The dip stick wore clean through my transmission pan.

Add a couple o-rings to temporarily lift it up between fluid checks.

I have a 2012
    IMG_20210825_170120195_HDR.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...27ddd12ab3.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a1f690c97a.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8caf933c20.jpg

Wow! What trans is it? That’s crazy and thanks for the heads up

2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn G56
    Tuned and Deleted
    35's and leveled

Thanks, @Chris_24V
    2016 2500 Big Horn G56
    Instagram @_chris_bowyer_

3. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Warning!!!!!! Warning!!!! Pass it on

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_24V View Post
    Wow! What trans is it? That’s crazy and thanks for the heads up

2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn G56
    Tuned and Deleted
    35's and leveled
    Auto 68

But regardless seems like an easy fix between fluid checks no matter the trans, just encase. Such a wierd failure...

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.