Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Service Electronic Throttle With DTC P0653

1. Top Of Page | #1

Service Electronic Throttle With DTC P0653

Did anyone ever have this issue?

The truck has been 100% fine since day 1.

Today I remote started the truck as I normally do and notice it shut right off.

I got inside the truck and noticed my Check Engine Light was on, there was a flashing red lightning bolt on the dash and a message reading "Service Electronic Throttle" I ran the DTC's and got code P0653 - Sensor Reference Voltage 2 Circuit High.

I can't seem to pinpoint the issue.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service Electronic Throttle With DTC P0653

Quote Originally Posted by Palladium View Post
    Did anyone ever have this issue?

The truck has been 100% fine since day 1.

Today I remote started the truck as I normally do and notice it shut right off.

I got inside the truck and noticed my Check Engine Light was on, there was a flashing red lightning bolt on the dash and a message reading "Service Electronic Throttle" I ran the DTC's and got code P0653 - Sensor Reference Voltage 2 Circuit High.

I can't seem to pinpoint the issue.
    Sorry for the late response; I just noticed this one.

I have not had this code, but this attachment should help you troubleshoot.

It sounds like the PCM 5 volt supply circuit is possibly shorted to battery voltage.

Would you please keep us posted on your progress?

P0653.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Palladium thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Palladium liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Thanks, Bob,

I used my MM3 to clear the codes; at the first attempt, nothing happened.

So I turned off the truck waited about 3 minutes; from there, I turned the truck back on.

The same thing, CEL, ETC lamp flashing, and it was still throwing the P0653 code.

On the second try, I could get the CEL off, but the ETC lamp was still flashing, and P0653 was still there.

I took the truck for a spin to see, and everything was working perfectly fine.

I pulled into my local Service station, cut the truck off for about 5minutes.

THE ETC LAMP WAS GONE when I started back up, so I used the MM3 and successfully cleared the P0653 code.

I've put a good 200 miles on the truck since, and everything seems to be working perfectly.

I'm wondering if maybe I have a sensor on the way out that will need to be replaced.

I wish I had a way of pinpointing the issue or what caused it.

I would add is 2 weeks prior, I was scanning through my DTC's and noticed a code U010C: Lost communication with turbocharger/supercharger control module, but there was no CEL.

In other words, the truck lost communication with the actuator.

So I peeked under the hood and noticed my passenger side batter was completely loose at the terminals.

I tightened all backup, cleared that code, and everything was perfect until the P0653 showed up.

Any idea if the two can relate?

Thanks again.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks, Bob,

So I turned off the truck waited about 3 minutes; from there, I turned the truck back on.

The same thing, CEL, ETC lamp flashing, and it was still throwing the P0653 code.

On the second try, I could get the CEL off, but the ETC lamp was still flashing, and P0653 was still there.

THE ETC LAMP WAS GONE when I started back up, so I used the MM3 and successfully cleared the P0653 code.

I've put a good 200 miles on the truck since, and everything seems to be working perfectly.

I'm wondering if maybe I have a sensor on the way out that will need to be replaced.

I would add is 2 weeks prior, I was scanning through my DTC's and noticed a code U010C: Lost communication with turbocharger/supercharger control module, but there was no CEL.

So I peeked under the hood and noticed my passenger side batter was completely loose at the terminals.

I tightened all backup, cleared that code, and everything was perfect until the P0653 showed up.

Thanks again.
    You are welcome, pleased to hear you were able to clear the code, and it hasn’t come back yet.

I don’t know if the loose battery caused the issue, but low battery voltage can cause erroneous codes to be thrown.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks Palladium, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Palladium, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks, Bob,

Thanks again.
    Have you by chance changed your tire size with the MM3?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

I have not actually thought it could cause this issue?

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have not actually thought it could cause this issue?
    Yes, I know it can if the tire size isn't entered correctly.

Hopefully, you'll find the cause of the issue.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

I never thought of that, thanks.

I'll adjust the diameter here shortly.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I never thought of that, thanks.

I'll adjust the diameter here shortly.
    Put in whole numbers (33, 34, 35, etc.) and not decimals(33.5, 35.6, etc.).

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post