Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: I Just Ordered A 2022 RAM 6.7L Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

I Just Ordered A 2022 RAM 6.7L Cummins

My '20 Tradesman pissed me off returning from July 4th trip, cruise set at 70 with the camper hooked up on a recent road trip.

Flat terrain at the time of the issue, temperatures were all nominal, and the truck knocked me out of cruise, dropped into 4th, and told me, "good luck, sucka."

I didn't have my scanner and didn't want to turn it off to fear not turning it back on.

Limp mode all the way across OK on back roads, stuck in 4th the whole time, which was super fun.

I got home, disconnected the trailer, turned the truck off, and hooked up the scanner.

I forget the number now, but it was for "Shift solenoid B."

I fired the truck back up, and it let me cycle through the gear limiter manually.

I took it for a test drive, and all was well.

I brought it to the dealer the next morning and was immediately told it was my DEF system. it wasn't as I explained what happened again, and the service tech shrugged his shoulders and said, "wow, I don't know why it did that." <9k on it at the time.

So, I had the sales team start looking for a replacement, and obviously, that's hard to do when supply is crap so, I ordered a new one.

This will be my 3rd Cummins since Dec '20, and the first one needed a new engine before the ink even dried, and the papers didn't get submitted for that one, and they found me my current ride.

I thought it would be my million-mile truck; if the transmission had been grenaded, I would have been okay with keeping it, but "I don't know" isn't a problem I want on a road trip.

Now we wait.

Question about the packages when "building" your truck. Why are "packages" not packages?

If I pick one, why do I have to pick another?

Initially, I thought it was just a quirk with the website, but going through the process at the dealer, it's the same thing.

I don't want chrome, but I have to have the chrome package to get the "x" package.

I understand for supporting mods, like, if I want a "super badass speaker system," I need a head unit that can support them.

It makes sense, which is why "super badass speakers" isn't a standalone upgrade, but why call something a "package" if it requires other "packages"?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: I Just Ordered A 2022 RAM 6.7L Cummins

Yeah, I never could understand all that crap about packages that if you want something specific, you have to order with all these other options that you don’t want or need.

Total BS, in my opinion.

Sorry, you are having issues with your rig.

I love how steelerships automatically assume it’s the DEF system when a truck goes into limp mode. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, TX2500Cummins liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX2500Cummins View Post
    My '20 Tradesman pissed me off returning from July 4th trip, cruise set at 70 with the camper hooked up on a recent road trip.

Flat terrain at the time of the issue, temperatures were all nominal, and the truck knocked me out of cruise, dropped into 4th, and told me, "good luck, sucka."

I didn't have my scanner and didn't want to turn it off to fear not turning it back on.

Limp mode all the way across OK on back roads, stuck in 4th the whole time, which was super fun.

I got home, disconnected the trailer, turned the truck off, and hooked up the scanner.

I forget the number now, but it was for "Shift solenoid B."

I fired the truck back up, and it let me cycle through the gear limiter manually.

I took it for a test drive, and all was well.

I brought it to the dealer the next morning and was immediately told it was my DEF system. it wasn't as I explained what happened again, and the service tech shrugged his shoulders and said, "wow, I don't know why it did that." <9k on it at the time.

So, I had the sales team start looking for a replacement, and obviously, that's hard to do when supply is crap so, I ordered a new one.

This will be my 3rd Cummins since Dec '20, and the first one needed a new engine before the ink even dried, and the papers didn't get submitted for that one, and they found me my current ride.

I thought it would be my million-mile truck; if the transmission had been grenaded, I would have been okay with keeping it, but "I don't know" isn't a problem I want on a road trip.

Now we wait.

Question about the packages when "building" your truck. Why are "packages" not packages?

If I pick one, why do I have to pick another?

Initially, I thought it was just a quirk with the website, but going through the process at the dealer, it's the same thing.

I don't want chrome, but I have to have the chrome package to get the "x" package.

I understand for supporting mods, like, if I want a "super badass speaker system," I need a head unit that can support them.

It makes sense, which is why "super badass speakers" isn't a standalone upgrade, but why call something a "package" if it requires other "packages"?
    Let me state that I have never ordered a vehicle.

That being said, from what I understand, if you order it at the dealer, not the website, you can do what you want more freely.

I went to the dealer when the warlocks were coming out, and the dealer didn't even know about it; smh, he asked about every little detail.

2018 RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins - G56
    - ARP Headstuds
    - Full Delete w/ Jamo straight pipe.
    - Sinister Diesel CAI
    - Pedal Commander
    - 5" Rough Country lift
    - 37" Falken A/T on Black Rhino 18"

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsNoob20 View Post
    Let me state that I have never ordered a vehicle.

That being said, from what I understand, if you order it at the dealer, not the website, you can do what you want more freely.

I went to the dealer when the warlocks were coming out, and the dealer didn't even know about it; smh, he asked about every little detail.
    I thought they had more latitude as well.

I figured the website is what it is and has quirks.

We even tested the theory, but when you select one, others become "required."

I forget all of the different things specifically, but I think one was the off-road package.

I also had to get the electric transfer case (the manual transfer case is my biggest reason for the Tradesman package).

If I want the towing group, I had to select chrome. Grrr. I really hoped the dealer could be more "custom," but it's not a thing.

So, I didn't get the off-road group, which I really only wanted for the display options it unlocks.

First-world problems.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX2500Cummins View Post
    I thought they had more latitude as well.

I figured the website is what it is and has quirks.

We even tested the theory, but when you select one, others become "required."

I forget all of the different things specifically, but I think one was the off-road package.

I also had to get the electric transfer case (the manual transfer case is my biggest reason for the Tradesman package).

If I want the towing group, I had to select chrome. Grrr. I really hoped the dealer could be more "custom," but it's not a thing.

So, I didn't get the off-road group, which I really only wanted for the display options it unlocks.

First-world problems.
    I ordered my 17' from the dealer and went line by line with my salesperson.

The trim levels determined what could and could not be added.

I "built" what I wanted on the website and was able to add or subtract items at the dealer that I could not edit from the website.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

You probably need to add MORE non-chrome packages.

For example, I have the 5th wheel towing package, rear air, Laramie, etc...

Then sport package, which makes things body color, and the black wheel/side step/badge package.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

We just ordered and received our new 2021 Durango, and the package thing is a bit of a nuisance, but there should be a blackout package somewhere that makes all trim black and a different set of wheels.

There was a white dually there that had it when we were ordering.

Also, I have yet to have a good experience with a dealer tech.

Not one time have they surprised me with their knowledge.

Every time, I've had to slowly explain to them what issues I was having, usually more than once.

Good truck, **** service.

You'll have better luck here.

'13 CCSB 6.7
    DRD tuned MM3, deleted, H&S S364SXE, Steed Speed CNC manifold, 5" exhaust, Banks 3.5" intake manifold, grid heater delete, CAT fuel filters, BW44-47 swap, CAD delete w/ one piece axle, Dynatrac free spin, Detroit rear AAM/PW front e-locker, 4.88 Nitro gears, Carli Pintop 3.25", King 2.5, Carli-Deaver leaf packs, Carli radius arms, Carli steering stabilizers, 1" blocks in rear, bronze 20x10 Fuel Coverts, 38x13.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post