Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Gauges, pillar or no pillar?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Gauges, pillar or no pillar?

Hey Y'all! still looking into which set of gauges to buy for my 92. Also what is y'alls opinion on what looks better? Side pillar or have them mounted on the dash. I honestly can decide im back and forth. I want to to look clean, but most of all I want all three gauges to stay in once location. Thought about buying the autometer pod for two and then along with a single. I was informed that they match up together perfectly and you cant tell its one unit.

Whats everyone else's preferences and likes?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I've has em' all. Pillar seems to be the most convenient and are a cleaner install. Windshield mount over the mirror is my 2nd choice. The one on the column, stinks. It blocks the dash instruments.

There you have it!

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

You took the words out of everyone's mouths, it's all about personal preference, if you have any other diesel enthusiast friends around you just hop in there trucks and see what they got for gauges and mounts,

I can't help you on placement because I got gauges everywhere for my truck however I will say do not touch glow shift stick with auto meter and you'll be happy for years to come

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks yall! I had a pillar in my 05. Just with an older truck I was just curious if it would look as nice compared to 2nd and 3rd generation dodges? I appreciate yalls inputs! I have been hoping for a 1st gen to come into the shop so I can maybe sit behind the seat and look at their gauges, but hasn't happened.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

I personally think gages on a 1 St gen should be hidden in the dash to keep that clean look of the cockpit

6. Likes K-Sons liked this post