Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: Help - Stranded At Gas Station With Truck, Trailer And Jeep

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help - Stranded At Gas Station With Truck, Trailer And Jeep

So everything was normal, and I just stopped to get some fuel and shut the truck off, fueled up, go to start the truck, and no crank, no start.

My RaceME Ultra screen doesn't come on, and all my dash warning lights are lit up EXACTLY as it does when reflashing the ECM loading a tune.

Since the Ultra screen is just black, I went to unplug it to plug in the little code reader that I keep in my Jeep, and while unplugging the Ultra, the red light will flash the same when plugging it back in.

So I was able to get a PO2E9 code when I first checked it, and now even the code reader says "no link," but it does power up, so not the fuse for the OBD2 port.

I've gone through and checked all the connections for the whole Ultra tuner, checked OBD2 port wires, nothing.

Anybody got any ideas?

2011 3500 SRW Laramie 4×4, 68RFE with billet valvebody. 6.7HO with S&B intake, 5" exhaust, ARP headstuds, Industrial Injection R1 injectors, Fass 165, RaceMe Ultra tuned by DRD, Bilstein shocks, reverse leveled on 285/65/18 Nitto G2s and Raceline wheels, traction bars, B&W gooseneck hitch, Kicker audio, Morimoto and GTR lighting, Uniden R7.

2. Thanks Murph, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Help - Stranded At Gas Station With Truck, Trailer And Jeep

Sorry for your troubles bro, if you haven't already done so, I'd start small and simple and start with batteries and connections; as we all know, these trucks love consistent electricity and will throw all sorts of issues as I've read here on numerous occasions.

Even if they are showing 12 volts etc.

Hopefully, another member more versed will chime in and help ya out, sir.

Great luck.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

As stated above , check your batteries for voltage.

I would check the battery connections and grounds.

If that all checks out, check the starter.

Please keep us updated on what you found on your issue, friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Murph, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Check batteries, as already said.

I had a similar issue happen recently; the massive heatwave we had here killed my batteries.

2014 CCSB

Cat fuel filter setup/stock bowl delete, Thuren track bar, Synergy draglink, steering box brace, Thuren 1" front springs & -0.5" rear springs, Banks monster ram and boost tube, Nextgen Diesel formula 1 VB

Tuned by Proven Diesel on EZ Lynk

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptony View Post
    So everything was normal, and I just stopped to get some fuel and shut the truck off, fueled up, go to start the truck, and no crank, no start.

My RaceME Ultra screen doesn't come on, and all my dash warning lights are lit up EXACTLY as it does when reflashing the ECM loading a tune.

Since the Ultra screen is just black, I went to unplug it to plug in the little code reader that I keep in my Jeep, and while unplugging the Ultra, the red light will flash the same when plugging it back in.

So I was able to get a PO2E9 code when I first checked it, and now even the code reader says "no link," but it does power up, so not the fuse for the OBD2 port.

I've gone through and checked all the connections for the whole Ultra tuner, checked OBD2 port wires, nothing.

Anybody got any ideas?
    Sorry for the late response; hopefully, you have resolved your issue by now.

Great advice above.

The code you retrieved is for the intake airflow position sensor (see attached).

This information should help you troubleshoot.

It could be dirt or corrosion in the unplugged EGR connection, connections at the PCM, or wiring issue.

P02E9.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks Murph, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Murph, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Any update?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Sorry for the late response; hopefully, you have resolved your issue by now.

Great advice above.

The code you retrieved is for the intake airflow position sensor (see attached).

This information should help you troubleshoot.

It could be dirt or corrosion in the unplugged EGR connection, connections at the PCM, or wiring issue.

P02E9.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's why I bought the Shibby connectors from Ray.

I was scared the old connectors would somehow mess me up one day just dangling there.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post