Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favorite Air PSI For 35s Tires?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

What Is Your Favorite Air PSI For 35s Tires?

Just got a new set of 35s and having a hard time finding the sweet spot. The tires have been road force balanced and fit on new 20x9 wheels as well as a fresh alignment. Currentley i have 65psi x4 and they have a good bit of bounce and wander with the imprefections of the road.

What are some of your comfortable psi ranges unloaded and loaded. Keep in mind these are mud tires.

Im thinking 50f and 55r

Im open to suggestions

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1 View Post
    Just got a new set of 35s and having a hard time finding the sweet spot. The tires have been road force balanced and fit on new 20x9 wheels as well as a fresh alignment. Currentley i have 65psi x4 and they have a good bit of bounce and wander with the imprefections of the road.

What are some of your comfortable psi ranges unloaded and loaded. Keep in mind these are mud tires.

Im thinking 50f and 55r

Im open to suggestions

You had asked this on another thread friend with multiple replies…

Truck Floats All Over Road At 55-60 MPH
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I couldnt find the original post.assumed it was deleted or something...sorry for making x2 bud

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1 View Post
    I couldnt find the original post.assumed it was deleted or something...sorry for making x2 bud

Not a problem friend. The link should take you to your original post.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

One thing I'd say is when I put on my new 35's for the 1st time I had a bit of wander too. But the issue resolved its self after the tires got a couple hundred miles on them and broke in. I run 65 psi. How old are your tires.

'08 | G56 | Carli 3" | Carli Axle Truss | BDS Adjustable Traction Bars | BDS Steering Brace | Red-head Gearbox | Synergy HD Steering | Banks Cold Air Intake | Banks Intake Manifold | Steedspeed Exhaust Manifold | Grid Heater Delete | Fleece Cheetah Turbo | Fleece Fuel Filter Delete | Fass 165gph System | Fass Fuel Heater Disc | Fass Fuel Sump | EFI Live | Fuel Revolver Wheels | 35" BFG All-Terrains

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

200ish miles. I had 40 in them and that was like rolling on marshmellows. I feel like 50-55 mite be the comfortable spot empty. I was just gathering some numbers to float before i broke out the chalk..tires do ride different after x amount of miles but id also rather not cope them with the wrong psi prior too if possible

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I gotcha. Idk some of those psi's sound pretty low for such a heavy vehicle. Why don't you like the standard 65psi?

Maybe I'm running to high psi. Haha

'08 | G56 | Carli 3" | Carli Axle Truss | BDS Adjustable Traction Bars | BDS Steering Brace | Red-head Gearbox | Synergy HD Steering | Banks Cold Air Intake | Banks Intake Manifold | Steedspeed Exhaust Manifold | Grid Heater Delete | Fleece Cheetah Turbo | Fleece Fuel Filter Delete | Fass 165gph System | Fass Fuel Heater Disc | Fass Fuel Sump | EFI Live | Fuel Revolver Wheels | 35" BFG All-Terrains

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Idk what anybodys doin running 40lbs but it aint for me..i could see 55 as it gives 2500-2700lbs per. i mite try it to see but currentley i do have 65 on all 4 and the ride just has alot of rebound over road imperfections and objects.requires alot of focus on the wheel..it seems like everything causes the wheel to move somewhat..its not an over dramatic thing but it is constant and requires what i feel is excessive amount of attention below 70. Its there but not as bad at 70 and above.
    Maybe i need to look into the drag bar or stabilizer.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I gotcha. Yea maybe try 60? I do have a rather built front end but I get what you mean on alot of rebound. Well hopefully you find your sweet spot

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Start by chalk testing your tires to find out what psi keeps the most tread on the pavement.

Then add a couple psi to if feels too loose on the hwy.

My tires are 37 13.50 17 on a 8.5 wide wheel and I run 45 psi in the front and 38 in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Likes watersupply189, CumminsForYa liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast