Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: MM3 Cracked While Mounted

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Cracked While Mounted

I am just about to swap my mount to a pillar mount, but my MM3 on my windshield mount just cracked down the seam in the middle.

I don't know if this is because of the sun or why, but it shouldn't have done this for an expensive product.

Has this happened to anyone else?

What did you do?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Cracked While Mounted

Do you have a picture we can see?

Thank you,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Here is a view from the top.

The case appears to be cracked.

But the screen still seems to work.

Deleted 2016 Cummins mm3 and 4 inch flopro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Personally, I have not seen this issue before.

Depending on the age of the unit and how many times the suction cup has allowed the MM3 unit to fall onto the dash, if it’s still under warranty, I would give MM3 Power a call.

If it’s out of warranty and still working okay, I would apply a light bead of clear or black silicone over the crack and mount without using the suction cup.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Sandor View Post
    I am just about to swap my mount to a pillar mount, but my MM3 on my windshield mount just cracked down the seam in the middle.

I don't know if this is because of the sun or why, but it shouldn't have done this for an expensive product.

Has this happened to anyone else?

What did you do?
    I'm a big believer in RAM mounts and most of the generic equivalents out there.

If you're willing to commit to a location on the windshield, skip the suction mount that inevitably drops your device on the dash or the floor.

A better option if you want as low profile as possible is amount with a 17mm ball to dual T-slot and a 3M VHB tape mount like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SV2M1X8

otherwise, go with something that gets you into RAM ball compatible territory like this one (though it is BYO 3m VHB)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LV9IK2E

I've used this next one all over the place.

We need to build out the other connecting bits and pieces for each scenario:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJZ22FX

For me, everything mounted to the window goes on with one of these, where possible.

I'm pretty much some with suction cups.

I hope that helps!

Current: 2015 3500 Longhorn CC LB DRW 4x4 CTD AISIN 4.10, Brilliant Black Crystal (PXR) with White Gold Metallic (PWL)
    First: 2000 2500 White (bought new, had long enough to replace VP44 2 times, 400K+ miles)
    Personal Info: Full carnivore since June 2014, and healthier than EVER (literally only meat/animal products...I don't eat my food's food)

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post